Brake pads on CCS

Captain Slow

Does anyone know what brake pads are used on the CCS? I know from the description that B01S will work, but the description suggests that the bike comes with a different, longer lasting pad that is the same shape as the B01S, but not actually that pad.

I've read on line that the B01S pad wears out quickly and does not perform in the dry. So I'd like to buy the same pads that come stock on the CCS.

Also wondering if anyone has replaced their pads yet and at what mileage.

I would assume that the pad is the stock pad from Tektro. According to Tektro, the pad for the HD-E350 is the A10.11. The B01S is a Shimano part, which happens to share the same shape as the Tektro pad. The B01S is a resin pad. Disc brake pads come in two varieties: resin and metallic. IMO, resin pads stop better and are quieter, but wear out quicker. The Tektro A10.11 is a metallic pad.

Nova, thanks to your reply I was able to buy the correct Tektro pad replacement. Just replaced the front pads tonight and wow were the pads ever worn down!

speaking of the brake pads, anyone finding the default pads are squeaky? If I brake slow its fine but as soon as I put some pressure down when I want to do a complete stop it sounds the horns.

Back