Brake Lever Assembly for SC2

Matt Penfold

Region
United Kingdom
I had a slight mishap on my Supercharger 2 this morning, and part of the clamp holding the left (rear) brake lever to the handlebar has sheared off leaving part of one of the bolts in the remaining part of the clamp. Using a cable tie I have fixed it for now, but what part do I need to order to replace the assembly?

Attachments

• brake lever.jpg
    brake lever.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 166
Given that the bolt appears to have sheared off in the lever body, you'll want a Magura MT5 Master Cylinder Assembly. Your bike also looks to be HS? If so, you'll need to transplant the lever blade with the brake sensor to the new master cylinder as the cable length for the sensor appears to be an OEM spec for R&M. Any shop experienced with Magura and/or R&M should be able to do this without digging into the guts of the bike.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Given that the bolt appears to have sheared off in the lever body, you'll want a Magura MT5 Master Cylinder Assembly. Your bike also looks to be HS? If so, you'll need to transplant the lever blade with the brake sensor to the new master cylinder as the cable length for the sensor appears to be an OEM spec for R&M. Any shop experienced with Magura and/or R&M should be able to do this without digging into the guts of the bike.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. It not an HS model, so would replacing the assembly be a DIY job?

Thanks. It not an HS model, so would replacing the assembly be a DIY job?
Does your bike have brake lights? If not, Magura sells a version of the master cylinder assembly with the 3-finger ball-end lever without the brake light sensor installed - part number is 2701220. If you're comfortable with bleeding brakes, installation is pretty straight-forward, otherwise I'd take it to a shop.

Last edited:
Does your bike have brake lights? If not, Magura sells a version of the master cylinder assembly with the 3-finger ball-end lever without the brake light sensor installed - part number is 2701220. If you're comfortable with bleeding brakes, installation is pretty straight-forward, otherwise I'd take it to a shop.

It has brake lights. I am happy bleeding the brakes.

It has brake lights. I am happy bleeding the brakes.
Brake lights mean you'll need to transplant the lever blade to the new master cylinder as mentioned above. It's a bit awkward to do it with the connector still in the bike, but not complicated.

If you're going to DIY it, I recommend installing the brake hose into new master cylinder before transplanting the lever blade; the master cylinder likes to rotate when you're tightening the 8mm nut that secures the hose, causing the brake sensor cable to twist/wrap itself around everything else and risks tearing it.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Brake lights mean you'll need to transplant the lever blade to the new master cylinder as mentioned above. It's a bit awkward to do it with the connector still in the bike, but not complicated.

If you're going to DIY it, I recommend installing the brake hose into new master cylinder before transplanting the lever blade; the master cylinder likes to rotate when you're tightening the 8mm nut that secures the hose, causing the brake sensor cable to twist/wrap itself around everything else and risks tearing it.

Good luck!

Thanks!

Back