Bought a 52v 19.2 Ah battery received but no charger?

Zarathustra

Hello,

I am not sure if it is my stupidity or what but I purchased a 52v 19.2 Ah battery to augment my 48v 12.2(?)Ah stock battery for my CCS. After a delayed shipping due to derailment, I took receipt of the battery today but it did not come with a 3-pin connector.

Does anyone know if I was supposed to purchase a charger IN ADDITION to the battery? I was under the impression that a $1,100 battery would come with a charger included. Was I mistaken?

Hi! We offer every item individually as the description shows because there are no two same orders and everyone has a different preference on which charger to buy. Please reach out to the support team and they will help you get this sorted out

Thanks!

Hi! We offer every item individually as the description shows because there are no two same orders and everyone has a different preference on which charger to buy. Please reach out to the support team and they will help you get this sorted out

Thanks!

Alright, thank you very much. Apparently I am freaking retarded and didn't realize you'd need to buy the charger.

MY BAD, GUYS!

Oh, I also have been riding around on my Thudbuster LT backwards and here I was wondering why the ride was still kinda harsh...

I tried it out as it came charged to about 53V and it is fantastic. I was ripping 35MPH up and down my street and it didn't even sag. It's beautiful.

And heavy, lol.

Ah so there's a different charger for the 52V? How much does the battery weigh? My 19.2 48v is 11.5 lbs IIRC.

So wait, when I upgraded my battery I'll need to buy another charger? The charger that came with the bike can't charge the 52v battery?

So wait, when I upgraded my battery I'll need to buy another charger? The charger that came with the bike can't charge the 52v battery?
Unfortunately you need to get a new charger for the new battery.
The original battery gets charged up to 54 volts and discharges to 48 volts its nominal charge.
The new battery nominal charge is 52 volts and 58 volts when fully charged, so if you are using the old charger it only charges up to 54 volts hence the need for a new charger.

Some batteries come with an internal charger and retractable cord built in the battery pack - so you never have to worry about leaving your charger behind or mixing up chargers - including an alarm system

Last edited by a moderator:
Back