Bottom bracket broken already?

love2cruz

I have 494kms on my Mariner and the bottom bracket sounds like it needs replacing already.

I can feel and hear it 'click' when I pedal. Doesn't even need much force on the pedals to experience the issue. Crank arms are all tight.

Just looked at the warranty info on the site and it seems it only covers electronics?

Has anyone had an experience like this?

I bought this Mariner in hopes to purchase more for use within my Security company doing patrols.

Since December
-Rear brake has stopped killing the motor.

-Cannot get the bad squeek out of the rear derailleur which has been there from the start. I've used multiple lubes with no difference.

-I noticed that when looking at my Mariner from directly in front, that the vertical handlebar shaft isn't welded properly. The right side of the handlebar sits higher than the left side.

Hopefully this isn't a sign of what's to come.
The website does have an 'orders and returns' section, but no info on what is returnable.
Very disappointed right now.

Sounds like you should take it to the bike shop and get it checked over. Maybe something happened during shipping? Can you upload some photos so others can see what is going on? George is usually quite helpful. Having a broken bike is a bummer though. Sorry.

Sounds like you should take it to the bike shop and get it checked over. Maybe something happened during shipping? Can you upload some photos so others can see what is going on? George is usually quite helpful. Having a broken bike is a bummer though. Sorry.

Click and rear derailleur squeak = check the jockey wheels on the rear derailleur. I thought I had a bottom-bracket issue and it turned out to be the lower jockey wheel. Rear brake has stopped killing the motor = check the connection between the brake lever wire and the controller. Tape it tight. Doyour throttle connection too. Loose connection at throttle can cause bike toy accelerate on its own!

Back