Bosch Warranty Service Lacking

Funny to think neither of my Specialized e-bikes ever broke... (The Giant broke once, and the Giant dealer handled the warranty with Shimano properly).
I am happy for you that your Specialized brings you such satisfaction. It would be nice if you could reciprocate instead of casting aspersions on Bosch every time someone who likes their products posts or asks a question.

I am happy for you that your Specialized brings you such satisfaction. It would be nice if you could reciprocate instead of casting aspersions on Bosch every time someone who likes their products posts or asks a question.
I should not participate in the Bosch or any Bosch E-Bike forum indeed. Just allow me saying I was making a decision as to the next e-bike exactly one year ago. All looked good: An authorized Cannondale dealer around (just 4 km away!), a Topstone Neo (exactly as yours) waiting for me, I could get financing if I liked, etc. However, the information I read on the Bosch E-Bike fora discouraged me from buying this product. And I went for another brand and product even if the dealer was 33 km away (by bike) or 30 minutes of driving. It was even not the technical matter in that case (although it was critical to me, too). The Cannondale dealer could not let me demo ride the Topstone while the other brand was more than happy to offer a demo ride on any model they had on sale, only with me taking the full responsibility if the demo bike were damaged, destroyed, or stolen.

I won't participate in any Bosch E-Bike forum anymore, rest assured!

I should not participate in the Bosch or any Bosch E-Bike forum indeed. Just allow me saying I was making a decision as to the next e-bike exactly one year ago. All looked good: An authorized Cannondale dealer around (just 4 km away!), a Topstone Neo (exactly as yours) waiting for me, I could get financing if I liked, etc. However, the information I read on the Bosch E-Bike fora discouraged me from buying this product. And I went for another brand and product even if the dealer was 33 km away (by bike) or 30 minutes of driving. It was even not the technical matter in that case (although it was critical to me, too). The Cannondale dealer could not let me demo ride the Topstone while the other brand was more than happy to offer a demo ride on any model they had on sale, only with me taking the full responsibility if the demo bike were damaged, destroyed, or stolen.

Well, my friend, that Cannondale dealer was nothing short of stupid, not allowing you to test ride the Topstone Neo Carbon. I think I know a little about ebikes and I absolutely love riding mine every bit as much today as the fist day I rode it.

I guess it worked out though, as you ended up with a Specialized that you are obviously very happy with...and that's what really matters.

I just clicked the ignore button months ago and have had much more pleasant browsing since then...

Well, my friend, that Cannondale dealer was nothing short of stupid, not allowing you to test ride the Topstone Neo Carbon. I think I know a little about ebikes and I absolutely love riding mine every bit as much today as the fist day I rode it.
Another thing is, I had a demo ride on a road e-bike and didn't like it. The drop bar is not for me. However, I consider aero-bars for my lightweight e-bike.

You can reply to Bosch posts as much as you want in my opinion.

I purchased a Gazelle Arroyo 2 months ago and the Bosch unit died 2 weeks later. Since there was no Gazelle dealer in my town I bought it from a shop 200 miles away. That dealer suggested I take it to a local shop that is Bosch certified. I did so and the tech has 7 years experience with them. He diagnosed the motor and it's dead. He contacted Bosch and they sent him another tool for diagnosis (I have not asked details). It's still dead and the Bosch rep he's dealing with has refused to honor the warranty and told him she would have to "meet with her team".

Any ideas about how to communicate with these people? I emailed from the Bosch USA page but there has been no reply. Gazelle told me it was a Bosch issue. Right now my opinion of the Dutch and the Germans is very low.

The Gazelle is now back in my garage and is operating as intended. It took longer than I liked but Bosch finally honored the warranty. I can't complain about the response just that it took so long. For what it's worth the tech said in 7 years he's only had two motors malfunction like this. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Bosch because I figure the odds are in my favor to never have another problem.

The Gazelle is now back in my garage and is operating as intended. It took longer than I liked but Bosch finally honored the warranty. I can't complain about the response just that it took so long. For what it's worth the tech said in 7 years he's only had two motors malfunction like this. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Bosch because I figure the odds are in my favor to never have another problem.
Glad to hear your Gazelle Arroyo is back in service. Happy riding!

Bosch service is really really poor. They give the illusion of of support, however I have several tickets open that they never responded to, just delete. I suspect someone is working from home and doing sweet FA and hoping nobody notices...

open tickets that never got a single response from.

Bosch service is really really poor. They give the illusion of of support, however I have several tickets open that they never responded to, just delete. I suspect someone is working from home and doing sweet FA and hoping nobody notices...

open tickets that never got a single response from.

Hi @Vim Fuego —I am sorry that no one has responded to your tickets. Please DM me with your two topics and I will take care of you ASAP.

Hi All. I have a 2019 Bosch gen 3 motor. I will leave the bike brand out. At 2 years 9 months and 5825kms ownership about 500m from home the motor began to cut in and out. I took it to a local bosch authorised bike shop that i didn't purchase it off. Had a internal sensor fault code 0x510002. Reset. Rode and occured again. The bike shop Contacted BOSCH NZ and Bosch told them to pull motor and send to them 1000kms away. Motor replaced free of charge in good faith as out of warranty. Bike going 5 days later. New motor is very quiet. Other was quiet but this one much quieter. Well done Bosch NZ.

Last edited:
Hi All. I have a 2019 Bosch gen 3 motor. I will leave the brand out. At 2 years 9 months and 5825kms ownership about 500m from home the motor began to cut in and out. I took it to a local bosch authorised bike shop that i didn't purchase it off. Had a internal sensor fault code 0x510002. Reset. Rode and occured again. Contacted BOSCH NZ and told them to pull motor and send to them 1000kms away. Motor replaced free of charge in good faith as out of warranty. Bike going 5 days later. New motor is very quiet. Other was quiet but this one much quieter. Well done Bosch NZ.
Sounds exactly like teh problem my CX motor has…..

Back