Bosch Software Change Log.

AlanDB

Region
USA
City
Iowa
My 2017 e-bike has the Bosch Performance Line motor and Intuvia Display. I see on the Bosch site that the current software versions are 5.8.1 for the Intuvia and 1.8.0.0 for both the power pack and drive. My bike software is 5.7.3 for the Intuvia, 1.7.1.0 for the drive and 1.7.0.0 for the power pack.

So is there a change log that tells what was changed in this software? Is it worth taking my bike to the shop to be updated? Or is "If it ain't broke don't fix it" the general rule?

+1 for me, ludicrous why we can't see a change log.
Dealers get to see i think the latest version changes, maybe not all if upgrading from several versions below.
What i saw (at shop) on my last update on my Performance CX purchased 2018 (Australia 25km/h) - Updated June 2018:
Intuvia from 5.7.2.0 to 5.7.3.0:
- Display of eMTB mode for CX DriveUnit
- Support for further automatic shifting systems
- Support for Japanese language
- Support for eBike ABS
- Support for Gen3 DriveUnit
- General function optimisation

And batteries from 1.7.0.0 to 1.7.1.0:
- Improvement in charging strategy for DualBattery

As there are new versions available
Intuvia 5.8.1.0, Battery 1.8.0.0 & Drive unit 1.8.0.0

I'm curious as to what's new, especially in the DriveUnit from 1.7.0.0 to 1.8.0.0
I've heard one of the new features is to be able to switch eMTB on/off which i don't care about as i don't mind the eMTB mode.

If the Bosch software change log is available to dealers, maybe one of our dealer forum members will be kind enough to share it with us. Please?

+1 for me, ludicrous why we can't see a change log.
Dealers get to see i think the latest version changes, maybe not all if upgrading from several versions below.
What i saw (at shop) on my last update on my Performance CX purchased 2018 (Australia 25km/h) - Updated June 2018:
Intuvia from 5.7.2.0 to 5.7.3.0:
- Display of eMTB mode for CX DriveUnit
- Support for further automatic shifting systems
- Support for Japanese language
- Support for eBike ABS
- Support for Gen3 DriveUnit

And batteries from 1.7.0.0 to 1.7.1.0:
- Improvement in charging strategy for DualBattery

As there are new versions available
Intuvia 5.8.1.0, Battery 1.8.0.0 & Drive unit 1.8.0.0

I'm curious as to what's new, especially in the DriveUnit from 1.7.0.0 to 1.8.0.0
I've heard one of the new features is to be able to switch eMTB on/off which i don't care about as i don't mind the eMTB mode.

Check this German thread with the posting from 'Workflow!'.
https://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/i...a-bordcomputer-neue-software-july-2018.57239/

Translated with Google Translate to English:
Status of the light output is saved and restored the next time the eBike is turned on
Daily odometer has been extended to a maximum of 9999.9 km
Note "Connect to bicycle" is displayed when the internal battery charge level is low (Remark: I think they are referring to the internal battery of the Intuvia display)
SW version of the Fast Charger is shown in the flow text of the display settings
DU and battery article numbers are displayed in the flow text of the display settings
General function optimization

Last edited:
@Kingfisher .... Thanks!

Nothing there significant enough to justify paying my LBS to do the upgrade.
Agree!
But for me I have to get the timing right for my last update as Bosch have announced they will release an update that will stop the use of modification units like Speedbox II that I have installed. In Europe (EU rule) the motor stops helping you when you get to 25 km/h. And when I exceeds 25 km/h it's like throwing out an anchor and the transition is not smooth at all.

Just out of curiosity, why was your post that showed the Bosch change log removed? Did it break some kind of forum rule or etiquette?

Just out of curiosity, why was your post that showed the Bosch change log removed? Did it break some kind of forum rule or etiquette?

Strange. I can see it when logged on. When logged off it's not there. Maybe they didn't like the link for some reason?
Anyway, here is the changelog for Intuvia 5.8.1.0.

Status of the light output is saved and restored the next time the eBike is turned on
Note "Connect to bicycle" is displayed when the internal battery charge level is low (Remark: I think they are referring to the internal battery of the Intuvia display)
SW version of the Fast Charger is shown in the flow text of the display settings
DU and battery article numbers are displayed in the flow text of the display settings

Hi, does anybody know the changelog for the following (Performance CX):
Battery from 1.7.1.0 to 1.8.0.0
Drive unit from 1.7.0.0 to 1.8.0.0
?

Yesterday I update my Bosch Intuvia. I saw the modifications informations on the tech computer. I should've took a photo of the info because it did appeared on the screen but there was too many customers around him. Too bad for me.

Strange. I can see it when logged on. When logged off it's not there. Maybe they didn't like the link for some reason?
Anyway, here is the changelog for Intuvia 5.8.1.0.

Can anyone confirm this in particular the Fast Charger (6A charger??), DU & battery article numbers being displayed in the flow text of the display settings...
Is it displayed on the dealer portal software as i cannot see them on the intuvia - the only thing i see flowing is "Performance CX" when powering up and "eMTB" when switching to that as the display is hardware fixed to "Sport".
Does anyone have a fast charger and this get's displayed when charging with it via a charging port?
I know there are version #s and other info when in the settings mode of the Intuvia.

Does anyone know what's changed in Performance Line/CX between drive unit 1.8.0.0 to 1.8.3.0?

Sorry for the translation it is from german.

I have just received this answer at my request by e-mail from the Bosch eBike Service Team: Thank you for your request. Each customer can decide for himself whether a software update on his eBike should be carried out by the bicycle dealer. A new update is not mandatory, but can not be undone. Version 1.8.0.0 of the Performance Line CX enables the selection of various applications (Sport, eMTB, eMTB with short cranks) and the push aid has been optimized. The dealer can read whether the eBike has been tampered with and the energy consumption in Wh / km is displayed in the diagnostic tool. The version 1.8.3.0. includes a system stabilization and a general function optimization. Skip z. For example, the version 1.8.0.0 and there is an update with the version 1.8.3.0 carried out, the contents of the previous updates are automatically added. Since the update 1.8.0.0. There may be a reduced remaining range display. The background is that Bosch eBike Systems has adjusted the range information. This adjustment was introduced successively. In the 2018 model year, our print and online media have already been updated; now the adaptation will also be visible on the engines via the model year 2019 software. The range information is based on a new, more complex calculation that has been extended by additional factors and allows a more differentiated view. The current information should provide realistic orientation values. The actual range of the system has not changed. Due to the update, neither the engine consumes more energy, nor was the capacity of the battery reduced by the update. The range information of the eBike automatically adapts to the individual driving profile as a result of its use.

Anyone have any info on new Drive Unit (Performance Line 1.8.4.0) & display firmware's? Seems batteries haven't changed.

Here, in German.
If you have a tuning chip or thinking of installing one, check with the chip vendor before upgrading to 1.8.4.0. In my case with the Speedbox2 the producer says do not upgrade. They want to test an check over time if Speedbox2 will work.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-20 um 08.55.47.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-20 um 08.55.47.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,279
  • Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-20 um 08.56.07.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-20 um 08.56.07.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,047
Back