Bosch Performance Line CX Range Extender and Assist Level Issues

Paul CX

Region
United Kingdom
An update on the Range Extender questions. I have just taken delivery of a Haibike Allmtn 5 with the Performance Line CX 85Nm motor and the range extender.

Myself and the bike dealer found out that you can not charge the batteries from the in-frame charging point. You have to charge them from the charging port in the bottom of the range extender bottom battery holder. This means that the in-frame battery connector does not charge even the internal tube battery. It's not a problem - but anyone thinking of buying the extender should know this.

On another point I have found the power assist levels very strange. There seems to be no difference between the power assist produced between Eco and Tour mode. They are the same output. Also the eMTB mode has a delay in kicking in, which makes it useless when you need instant extra power assistance. I'm not sure if this is a fault or just how these power levels work on the CX motor. Turbo mode works well. I also have a 2015 Haibike with the standard Performance Line motor and there are very distinct differences between the 4 modes - so I know it's not my imagination.

Anyone got any views of the CX power mode issue?

Cheers,

Paul

An update on the Range Extender questions. I have just taken delivery of a Haibike Allmtn 5 with the Performance Line CX 85Nm motor and the range extender.

Myself and the bike dealer found out that you can not charge the batteries from the in-frame charging point. You have to charge them from the charging port in the bottom of the range extender bottom battery holder. This means that the in-frame battery connector does not charge even the internal tube battery. It's not a problem - but anyone thinking of buying the extender should know this.

On another point I have found the power assist levels very strange. There seems to be no difference between the power assist produced between Eco and Tour mode. They are the same output. Also the eMTB mode has a delay in kicking in, which makes it useless when you need instant extra power assistance. I'm not sure if this is a fault or just how these power levels work on the CX motor. Turbo mode works well. I also have a 2015 Haibike with the standard Performance Line motor and there are very distinct differences between the 4 modes - so I know it's not my imagination.

Anyone got any views of the CX power mode issue?

Cheers,

Paul
Given that this is a Haibike/Bosch issue it should probably be posted on one of those two brand forums rather than both here and also on the Trek forum where you posted it earlier. In any event as a duplicate it does not need to be posted in two locations.

Back