Bosch Nyon custom modes

vRSG60

My first post, not sure where to put it. I have a Bosch Nyon on my Haibike. I’m looking at buying the custom modes at £4.99 can anyone tell me if after buying the custom modes there is something in the app to tell what the standard mode settings are for each mode so you can tweak the modes to suit your preferences.

I have not found anything in the app or on the site that reveals default modes. Others report great things about using custom modes. Personally I have not used them much. YMMV

Not totally sure what you are asking but there is nothing that shows the assistance vs. speed curve for the standard modes that I am aware of. That said, just from experience it seems to me that the standard modes have a consistent assist level (e.g., 55, 120, 190, and 275% or whatever for a specific bike) from 0 mph to somewhere around 25 mph (for a Class 3 in the U.S.) and then ramp down to 0 by 28 mph. These cannot be changed. With custom modes one can then create 4 separate custom modes in addition to the standard modes where the assistance level can be set differently (in 5 mph increments) for different speed levels (using 5 points on the curve). I have attached a screenshot of what this looks like. Hope this helps.

1574611694646.png

Some of those who are more enthusiastic users of the custom modes will go for high assist levels initially, up to say 8-10mph and then ramp down to lower levels after that. The rationale is to have good initial acceleration for safely getting through intersections after stopping and then saving electrons during steady cruising by lowering assist levels. Others will take Eco down even lower to provide minimal assist but longer range. My own personal opinion is that Bosch got it pretty much right in each of the 4 efault modes. Granted I often ride with dual batteries so saving energy is not a priority for me. rather I am more focused on maximizing workout or maximizing speed for fun high energy rides.

Thanks for the replies I’ll hold off buying the custom modes for now. Here in the U.K. the limit is 25kmh 15.5mph

I have found this which shows standard mode levels but it maybe someone’s interpretation,

Attachments

• EE72B108-F827-4884-8C51-7CD9ACEEFFB8.jpeg
    EE72B108-F827-4884-8C51-7CD9ACEEFFB8.jpeg
    240.9 KB · Views: 505
Back