bosch nyon 2021 release date

The usb port is not a dummy. It is there for diagnostics and firmware updates. It is just as easy and charges way faster to bring along a small battery bank if your phone needs charging. I have a nice flashing rechargeable headlight that also has a 5,000mAh battery bank with a USB outlet. Why suck power from your bike battery when it is better used to actually move the bike? I also don't like using integrated lights for that reason.

It absolutely does show bike total mileage as a display field option on a custom screen. You just have not fully explored it yet. Dig around a little more.

What purpose is served to connect a watch to the unit? It already has all the sensors it needs internally except heart rate monitor and a Polar Oh1 or H10 works just fine for that. You should know by now that Apple does not play well with others. Result: many "others" just don't bother to try anymore.
Hmm, not sure I'd agree with "Apple does not play well with others". What's missing here is an Apple Watch companion app for eBike Connect. For anyone who isn't a developer, asking your app to also compile for Apple Watch in Xcode really isn't a very big deal. Yes, Polar's optical sensors are great and I use one for MTB, road riding and indoor rowing. However, if you wear an Apple Watch which is capable of capturing and rebroadcasting heart rate quite easily, then why not use that? I'd also like to see an "end ride" button on Apple Watch which, when used, forces ride sync to the app.

Hmm, not sure I'd agree with "Apple does not play well with others". What's missing here is an Apple Watch companion app for eBike Connect. For anyone who isn't a developer, asking your app to also compile for Apple Watch in Xcode really isn't a very big deal. Yes, Polar's optical sensors are great and I use one for MTB, road riding and indoor rowing. However, if you wear an Apple Watch which is capable of capturing and rebroadcasting heart rate quite easily, then why not use that? I'd also like to see an "end ride" button on Apple Watch which, when used, forces ride sync to the app.
I bought an Apple Watch today to use while riding my new Riese & Muller Homage. I just naturally assumed that the heart rate function on the watch would connect via bluetooth with the Homage's Nyon. Turns out that was a naive assumption on my part. So now if I want to track my heart rate on the Nyon I have to go out and buy a separate heart rate monitor? How stupid is that? Come on Bosch, it would take a good coder about a day to adapt the Nyon to work with the Apple Watch. What is keeping Bosch from doing that?

It’s really more the fact that HR rebroadcast isn’t allowed on Apple Watch by default. It can, however, be enabled with a third party app.

It’s really more the fact that HR rebroadcast isn’t allowed on Apple Watch by default. It can, however, be enabled with a third party app.
Hi Mongooseman- Can you offer any advice please on how I might use a third party app to make it so my Apple Watch could indeed send the heart rate to my Nyon? Thanks for any help you can provide here.

The app HeartCast should be what you need. Once you’ve got it running your Nyon should see the Watch the same as any other BRLE HR monitor.
Many thank. I succeeded in installing HeartCast on my AppleWatch and it is showing my heart rate on the watch just fine. But it's not showing up on the Nyon. I tried rebooting the Nyon a couple of times with no effect. I still can't get the Nyon to bluetooth pair with the watch. Any more suggestions? 😁

Nope. It should recognise it when you add a new sensor.
Oh well. Thanks so much for trying to help me. I do have a Polar chest strap heart monitor that the Nyon recognizes, but it is a pain in the butt to put that on each time I want to go out for a ride and I was thinking it would just be so simple to use the Apple Watch for showing my heart rate on the Nyon and then also having the watch for all the other things it could do when I'm out for a ride so I didn't have to also carry my phone. Any way, thanks again and have a great day.

My pleasure - another recommendation is the Polar Verity Sense optical strap HR. It’s incredibly reliable, no hassle to wear, and has worked really well for me running, on my Concept2, road and MTB cycling.

My pleasure - another recommendation is the Polar Verity Sense optical strap HR. It’s incredibly reliable, no hassle to wear, and has worked really well for me running, on my Concept2, road and MTB cycling.
Well, today is a different day! I decided to see what would happen if I deleted and then reinstalled the Bosch eBike connect app on my iPhone. Low and behold, once I did that, then the Nyon connected with Heartcast just fine. I just hope I don't need to use this procedure before every ride! 🤣 Thanks again for your help.

Anyone with an AndroidWear based device, this free app works well.

I used it on Fossil Carlyle HR and it connects to Nyon'21 without any problems.
I do find the watch shuts it down after a while to save battery, so the best tip I have, assign the app to one of the physical buttons on the fossil watch (it has 3). It's then easy to start up and connect.

Back