Bosch Lock function on multiple bikes?

E14Delite

I originally purchased the lock function for my R&M Delite with the Kiox display. I have now added a second bike, R&M Roadster with Nyon, to my ebike connect profile and wish to also enable the Lock function for this bike.

The Bosch website suggests that up to 4 bikes can utilise the one lock subscription.

There does not seem to be an obvious method to set up the lock function on the new bike? Do I have to remove both bikes from ebike connect and start again? I can toggle the lock function on and off when connected to the Kiox but with the Kiox lock function off there is still no apparent option to enable lock for the Roadster with the Nyon.

Any advice appreciated, Stephen

Although I only have one ebike with the new Nyon, so I cannot verify that this will work. Try the following: The lock function is enabled using the phone app when it is connected to the Nyon on the bike. Turn on your bike, with the phone in hand. Verify that the phone is connected. push the bike graphic at the bottom of the initial screen. Select your new bike which should be at the top of the list. Select Lock Feature and then select enable.

IF this doesn't work, I am sure the guys from Bosch will jump in to help tomorrow when their weekend is over.

Although I only have one ebike with the new Nyon, so I cannot verify that this will work. Try the following: The lock function is enabled using the phone app when it is connected to the Nyon on the bike. Turn on your bike, with the phone in hand. Verify that the phone is connected. push the bike graphic at the bottom of the initial screen. Select your new bike which should be at the top of the list. Select Lock Feature and then select enable.

IF this doesn't work, I am sure the guys from Bosch will jump in to help tomorrow when their weekend is over.
Thanks Alaskan but I have already been through that process. I did have both bikes with displays actuated on the bikes with them side by side and could connect to each of them separately/sequentially using ebike connect on my Samsung phone. The Kiox Delite showed the lock option which I could toggle on and off but no option shown for the Nyon Roadster. I may try turning the lock option off on the Kiox Delite and removing both bikes from my profile and re-installing and perhaps will either end up with no lock option for both or lock option for both. I do have a retrofit Nyon coming for the Delite so might have to see what happens with that when it arrives. Shipping from Germany to Australia is very uncertain at the moment. some other items I have ordered from Germany online have left the warehouse promptly but have been stuck in Franfurt for more than a week waiting on flights to Australia.

The new Nyon is certainly a step up from the Kiox, I will probably investigate the custom assist mode options for the Roadster. Perhaps with something similar to Tour power mode up to 20km/hr and eco mode above that to my 25km/hr limit. The logic being tour assistance when going up hills and eco level when cycling on the flat to maximise battery life but still get more than eco assist when needed. To some extent you do this when riding but may be good to automate. Easy to forget to switch back to eco at times. Only really required for longer rides but I will give it a try.
Stay Safe over there. Cheers Stephen

@E14Delite One profile I find handy in the custom drive modes is a mode similar to Eco but starts with a high level of assist up to 12km.hr to help accelerate quickly in town traffic getting across intersections, etc. and then tapers down to more Eco like assist once up closer to cruising speed over 20km/hr. Works well in relatively flat towns.

I have made some progress for those who may face the same problem. a few trial and error attempts before this sequence which appears will work for me.
First make sure your ebike connect profile is correct on both displays.

a) I removed both bikes from my ebike Connect App.
b) I uninstalled the ebike Connect App from my phone and then re-installed.
c) I then added both of my ebikes back in the ebike Connect App.
d) I went to the store via ebike Connect App and confirmed I had previously purchased the lock function
e) The lock function now appears under each of the two EBIKE's identified. (Only under one before)
f) I enabled the lock function on one bike.
g) I attempted to enable lock for the 2nd bike but got message that lock function can only enabled once every two hours.
h) I am hopeful I can enable on 2nd bike if I wait for a couple of hours.

Waited the two+ hours and now have lock enabled on both bikes. :) 🚲:)

Cheers Stephen

Last edited:
@E14Delite One profile I find handy in the custom drive modes is a mode similar to Eco but starts with a high level of assist up to 12km.hr to help accelerate quickly in town traffic getting across intersections, etc. and then tapers down to more Eco like assist once up closer to cruising speed over 20km/hr. Works well in relatively flat towns.
Yes, sounds a sensible option. If I end up with two Nyon displays, one on the Delite with eMTB mode and the second on the Roadster with plain CX mode, (eco, Tour, Sport and Turbo) I will need to find out whether there is an individual custom profile for each bike or whether the profile is shared between the two. Something to learn down the track.

Cheers

Yes, sounds a sensible option. If I end up with two Nyon displays, one on the Delite with eMTB mode and the second on the Roadster with plain CX mode, (eco, Tour, Sport and Turbo) I will need to find out whether there is an individual custom profile for each bike or whether the profile is shared between the two. Something to learn down the track.

Cheers
I have two individual Nyons on two bikes and eBike Connect displays an individual custom mode for each of the bikes despite paying for only one custom mode!

Back