Bosch Ebike Battery Guide

Was this information helpful to readers?

• Yes

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Scooteretti

Bosch has an informative guide on their ebike batteries. The file is located on their website in the "downloads" section which several people have found to be helpful. I have uploaded the file here and figured I would share with all of.

Hope there is some info that may be helpful.

ride safe,

Will

Attachments

• Bosch-eBike-Battery-Guide-2016-EN.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,379
Bosch has an informative guide on their ebike batteries. The file is located on their website in the "downloads" section which several people have found to be helpful. I have uploaded the file here and figured I would share with all of.

ride safe,

Will
This was helpful. I'm waiting on a bike that will have the power pack 500. Does anyone know a good source for thermal battery covers? The Bosch manual mentions that these should be used for cold weather cycling.

Will - I appreciated your YouTube video on the Thule Easyfold rack. I'm having a hitch installed on my Subaru tomorrow and will likely by the Thule for bike transport.

Hello Over50,

Indeed there are the neoprene covers that fit both the downtube and rear rack batteries.

Here is a link to what one of the battery covers looks like. There are several brands availble in the market and this is just one brand. https://shop.scooteretti.com/products/bosch-battery-cover

Glad the Thule EasyFold video was helpful. We've been using ours now for awhile now and it has worked great. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll do my best to help you out.

Regards,

Will

Last edited:

ride safe,

Will
Really interesting and useful. Thanks.

ThomasK,

I have worked with a company on Segway batteries for years. If you have a dead Bosch battery they would love to dissect it and see if it's worth repairing.

It takes a little work to legally ship a large Li-Ion battery but they can get it done.

I am in no way affiliated with this company.

MTO Battery,
4409 E. Prospect Rd, Bldg.4, York, PA 17406
Phone: 717-751-2705
https://www.mtobattery.com
Good luck, hope you get riding again soon

jeff

I agree! AND they should stop the clock on the warranty while it is being looked into, unless they give you a loaner battery... otherwise what's their incentive to be quick? anyway, its only been two days so far. I will keep y'all posted.

From past experience working with Bosch during a warranty, they have been very efficient in processing claims. As long as all parties submit the proper warranty claims paperwork (this is true of most products from major brands) the process is quite quick. The typical delays are usually the time it takes to transport the batteries from point A to point B as they MUST be shipped as a DG shipment (Dangerous Goods) to which Bosch strictly adheres to and is the only and proper and safe way to ship.

While a warranty can be frustrating and inconvenient, at least you know your product is backed up by a really great brand like Bosch and that you will be taken care of and will get a proper replacement.

ThomasK I would follow up with the dealer in another day if you don't hear anything as they should get confirmation that your battery has left and is en route from Bosch.

all the best,

Will

Do you know if bosch battery pack 500 are interchangeable from one bike to another? Do they conect to another bike or error message apears? I am intersted in buying a spare baterry and this info will be very usefull for me!
Thank you

Hello Scooteroti. I have ordered a battery from you this weekend. My concern is that it will be trucked to me next week across the prairies and the temp will drop as low as -27 in some parts . I assume the truck will be unheated. My question is how concerned should I be about damage from the deepfreeze? Thanks in advance for your reply.

While there is no question that Bosch makes quality products for the emobility market and they do not make cells or batteries.
They had invested heavily into the battery research but as the Chinese giants CATL and BYD rise to the top and with a host of quality manufacturers like Samsung, LG, Panasonic (w/Tesla Gigafactory), there is no way anyone can compete against them. So, they quit: https://www.electrive.com/2018/02/28/bosch-says-no-battery-cell-production-europe/

But, they are continuing as usual about their R&D into all the other components of e-mobility like power electronics, drive systems, compact EV systems etc.

Hello.
Before i start a new topic, ill ask here. I have Cube reaction hybrid SL 500 (2018) and i need additonal range. Its now 2019, and Bosch has new powertube battery system. Have anyone add second battery to the system? Like powertube+frame battery or powertube+rack battery?
If yes, what steps needed to go trough? Just battery mount and wirering, or software change as well? Or something even more?

For that bike you will need to stay with a spare Powertube. Unfortunately there is no way to mount it to the bike (clamps or wiring harness) so you will need to keep it in a backpack, pannier bag (if you added a rear rack).

Will
shop.scooteretti.com

Thank you for the answer. But is this olny a mounting issue? No additonial software changes needed? Because bosch rack battery might fit?

Actually, it's both. It's a hardware and firmware issue. The firmware needs to be configured at the time of manufacturing.

Back