Bosch displays: Kiox vs Smartphone Hub vs new Nyon

tbar23

Hi all - I have seen a few threads on Kiox vs Smartphone Hub (SPH), but none with a ton of detail. I understand the potential mount issues with SPH as well as potential glare from a smartphone screen.
How about functionality? What are the main differences between Kiox and the Cobi(?) app used by SPH?
Any thoughts on upcoming Nyon?
I am a long-time Garmin user, but I don’t think the Bosch sensors broadcast data, so I will be using some display. If I understand correctly, the Purion does not log any data for post-ride retrieval.
I’m a data junky and will definitely want to log as much as possible during rides.
Most of the online comparisons I have found are pretty light on details. I need a DC Rainmaker-level write-up ;)

Thanks!

ok I just got the kiox installed. it will hook to bluetooth sensors. but of course my garmin watch only does ant. but right now the e bike app does not connect to anything like apple heath or strava. cobi will connect to apple health at least. I only had a short ride and I was only feeling so so from the dealer after the upgrade here is a screenshot
IMG_1430.jpg

Thanks @fooferdoggie - what ended up being the install issue?
Hmm, no 3rd party app connectivity is an issue for me. I’m guessing Nyon will be similar.
did you give any thought to waiting for Nyon?

Thanks @fooferdoggie - what ended up being the install issue?
Hmm, no 3rd party app connectivity is an issue for me. I’m guessing Nyon will be similar.
did you give any thought to waiting for Nyon?
hopefully the third party app problem will change. also not sure how often the kiox syncs. it does not do it every time you ride. it has a auto rest of the ride info but either end of the day or every 4 times. I want it every ride. this is my commuter bike so I did not see the nyon being more useful. after seeing the problems iwth the smartphone hub and how it has been delayed I decided to dump the idea of getting it. they found a bad spot in the battery wire a warranty issue.

Back