Bosch CX Motor Repair kit leftovers. What can I do with them?

Tbone

If your Bosch CX motor (gen 3?) is making lots of noise, you can easily fix it by installing this kit. I've done it for my Riese & Mueller Charger GX and my wife's Mixte. Both bikes are almost six years old. After this replacement, motor noise is significantly reduced. Here's a link to a vid that was very helpful.

My question. Is it possible to rebuild these parts? Or do I just throw them away?

My guess is, since I plan on keeping our bikes for as long as possible, I'll have to do this again within the next few years. As I noted in one of my other threads, I did this replacement on my Charger GX after 16,000km. (Wow is it quite now.) My wife's Mixte has only 4,500km. I'm assuming this motor issue stems out of not just mileage but motor age. After getting a look at the insides of the CX motor, it is clear that the metal gears and bearings (for the centre bracket) are both corroded and a bit rusted. Although after doing this the first time I thought I would just re-grease my wife's Charger Mixte, I'm not sure that would help. You can actually spin the gears with your hands on these parts (pic) and hear the bearing noise. Are they somehow salvageable? Throw away?

Thanks for any tips.

-Tom

Attachments

• bosh ebike repair leftovers.jpg
    bosh ebike repair leftovers.jpg
    659.3 KB · Views: 349
Back