Bosch 10 Year Anniversary Electric Bikes & Concept Ebike!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys, as a part of the Bosch Ebike Systems 10 Year Anniversary, the company created a contest inviting bicycle manufacturers to use their systems to create themed electric bikes. I thought it was pretty cool to see the results, and the best part is that the three winning models will actually be sold in limited quantities! I've attached high resolution photos of each bike, and embedded a video below so you can learn more.

• Future Design Winner: Cannondale Topstone Neo Carbon (this ebike is made for road and gravel performance. It is lightweight, fast, and has hidden 30mm full suspension designs for comfort. It is intended for riders who do not want to be limited to a specific application or surface. To me, it looks like a gravel grinder type road ebike).
  • Unique Character Winner: CUBE Stereo Hybrid 140 (this is a high-end e-mountain bike with premium components and unique metallic rainbow colored frame, made from composite carbon. It uses the Bosch CX motor, Nyon display panel, wireless electronic shifter system from SRAM and dropper seat post from RockShox which is part of SRAM).
  • Bosch Heritage Winner: Moustache Friday 28.7 (this is another road style ebike with drop bars. It features a crazy/unique paint job calling out the 10 year anniversary of Bosch Ebike Systems and also comes with a Bosch Nyon display. The bike can carry up to six Bosch PowerPack 500 batteries with front and rear pannier bags, making it an extremely long-range capable touring platform.
cannondale-topstone-neo-carbon-bosch-10-year-anniversary-winner.pngcube-stereo-hybrid-140-bosch-10-year-anniversary-winner.pngmoustache-friday-28.7-bosch-10-year-anniversary-winner.png

You can learn more about the Bosch Anniversary Design Contest winners at their official website here: https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/service/anniversary-bikes/

Bosch also created an in-house prototype product under the category of "Bosch Ebike Design Vision" to showcase what they believe the future could look like. This product is categorized as an urban sports cruiser, and also features full suspension design with a hidden rear suspension. It has an integrated headlight, anti-lock braking system Bosch ABS, and carbon rims for lightweight. Of course, this bike is using the completely integrated PowerTube battery pack. Interestingly, they chose the Performance Line CX motor vs. a Speed motor, which might have been a win for commuters. The frame is carbon fiber and features side cooling channels to help dissipate heat. It's using the new Bosch Nyon display panel and has a high-powered Supernova M99 integrated headlight. The brake levers and button pads are surrounded by a cover system that looks futuristic and reminds me of the Stromer ST5. I do wonder how this covering might impact the angle of the front rack and adjustability of the brake levers themselves... is it necessary? How much weight does it add? Honestly, the front luggage rack doesn't look super useful to me. But, I haven't seen it in person, so I'll reserve judgement. This ebike is a pure concept study and will not go into production or sales, like the other design contest winners.

bosch-concept-electric-bike-10-year-anniversary.jpg

You can learn more about the Bosch Concept Ebike at their official website here: https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/service/concept-bike/

Hi guys, as a part of the Bosch Ebike Systems 10 Year Anniversary, the company created a contest inviting bicycle manufacturers to use their systems to create themed electric bikes. I thought it was pretty cool to see the results, and the best part is that the three winning models will actually be sold in limited quantities!

The best part is the designs. The fact of them saying they are being sold is gimmicky because you won't really be able to get one. There will be a total of 159 bikes, among all 3 designs. The 99 Cannondales will only be available to European dealers, I believe via a lottery system, and the Moustache bikes (all 10 of them) will be auctioned off.

And speaking of more power: Here is a young guy ( compared to me ) struggling mightily with his low powered emtb trying to get up a rough gravely slope ( and back ). For me that would be very possibly a coronary event. So I could not even attempt that very nice ride on the Isle of Skye with a bike like that. This is why an old man like myself wants a throttle and more power.

And speaking of more power: Here is a young guy ( compared to me ) struggling mightily with his low powered emtb trying to get up a rough gravely slope ( and back ). For me that would be very possibly a coronary event. So I could not even attempt that very nice ride on the Isle of Skye with a bike like that. This is why an old man like myself wants a throttle and more power.

Why is the motor so noisy ? Is that the way they are ?

Great location!

I am pretty sure I could make it up there on my bike with the right tires such as Magic Mary etc but I would like to see someone try that on a pair of Super Moto X ,s !

Any MTB mid-drive motor is noisy, especially at the high load. Hub-drive motors are almost silent (at least those I've ridden). The only mid-drive motors that are virtually silent are Specialized 1.2e, 1.2, 1.2s or 1.3 ones (Brose CB, Brose T, Brose TF, or Brose S alu) thanks to the carbon fiber Gates belt that drives them.

This is why an old man like myself wants a throttle and more power.

The guy's riding a Turbo Levo SL, intentionally low-powered e-bike. The Turbo Levos (not SL) are far more powerful. No serious MTBer uses a throttle.

Last edited:
Any MTB mid-drive motor is noisy, especially at the high load. Hub-drive motors are almost silent (at least those I've ridden). The only mid-drive motors that are virtually silent are Specialized 1.2e, 1.2, 1.2s or 1.3 ones (Brose CB, Brose T, Brose TF, or Brose S alu) thanks to the carbon fiber Gates belt that drives them.

The guy's riding a Turbo Levo SL, intentionally low-powered e-bike. The Turbo Levos (not SL) are far more powerful. No serious MTBer uses a throttle.
I had a powerful hub drive that was much noisier than my CX,s ,and also another low powered hub drive that was almost silent. Stefan I bet you could climb hill that on your bike too ? Too bad we cannot attempt it together and have a Guinness at the top!

Last edited:
I had a powerful hub drive that was much noisier than my CX,s ,and also another low powered hub drive that was almost silent. Stefan I bet you could climb hill that on your bike too ? Too bad we cannot attempt it together and have a Guinness at the top!
We would have both Steve some issue just in the beginning, that is, to carry our bikes over the gate. I couldn't lift my Trance E+ that high :) That's why the guy is so proud of his SL. Otherwise, the power of my e-MTB would be enough; not sure about my technical riding skill though. (Yamaha/Syncdrive Pro is audible, too).

If Guinness, that would have to be the Foreign Extra Stout. Of course, it is available in the UK. Is it to be bought in Canada? (No Guinness FES in Poland!)

Back