Bofang C965 Display Error code

Redskulls

Something weird started happening on my evening commute home.
Every so often about 5-8 minute intervals The bike would lose all power.
The display shows the following:
Under the speed - 30 h
The break symbol indicator is on.
The engine also comes on.
To fix it I either wait around 30 seconds or power off and back on.

Also happened to me this morning on my way to work, I kept powering off and on to start moving again.
Anyone know if this is a controller issue or a display issue?

Thank you
Redskulls

Call Téo they're in your backyard.

Looks like error code 30 is a Communication error.

Probably a loose connection, wire or something.

Found this online...

Error 30 is one of the most common faults we have seen and is a communication error between your bafang components...usually the display and the controller.

Unfortunately the Bafang set up requires a display (961,963, 965, DCP10) to work properly...this makes the system a bit less reliable.
First check all your connections and make sure they are connected solidly.

Jiggle your connections and look for kinks in your wiring harnass.

If this still works you probably have a fried component. Here are things it could be:
  • Display (most common culprit)
  • Wiring Harness
  • Controller
  • Speedo
All of these components (besides for controller) are cross compatible with all bafang mid drives. So best is if you have an extra BBSxx bike around you can pull components to test for bad components.

You should look at all these components, especially the display and the wiring harness and look for signs of physical damage. A crushed wiring harness for example.

Unfortunately the only course of action we have seen is to try replacing these components one by one until you have solved the issue.

Found this online...

Error 30 is one of the most common faults we have seen and is a communication error between your bafang components...usually the display and the controller.

Unfortunately the Bafang set up requires a display (961,963, 965, DCP10) to work properly...this makes the system a bit less reliable.
First check all your connections and make sure they are connected solidly.

Jiggle your connections and look for kinks in your wiring harnass.

If this still works you probably have a fried component. Here are things it could be:
  • Display (most common culprit)
  • Wiring Harness
  • Controller
  • Speedo
All of these components (besides for controller) are cross compatible with all bafang mid drives. So best is if you have an extra BBSxx bike around you can pull components to test for bad components.

You should look at all these components, especially the display and the wiring harness and look for signs of physical damage. A crushed wiring harness for example.

Unfortunately the only course of action we have seen is to try replacing these components one by one until you have solved the issue.

Thank you Denis. I was also able to do some searches on my lunch and found the user manual which also states a communication issue. As per the info I read, 90% of the time it is the display itself.
Seeing i am going on Monday to Benoit for my broken rack I will also bring "The Red Baren" as this is certainly covered by the warranty.

Back