BMW Cruise Electric Bike 2015?

Jack Sparrow

Dear friends? what do u think abt this bike? ,i wanna buy but it is expensive. i have to investigate well. thanks in advance..

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Last edited:
Dear friends? what do u think abt this bike? ,i wanna buy but it is expensive. i have to investigate well. thanks in advance..

Hi Jack, Are BMW bikes still only being sold by their car dealers? Is it still priced at around 2700.00 euro, that would be sub 3000.00 USD at current exchange rate and that would be cheap. That's what is stated on BMW website. Looks like a very nice bike, got nice reviews. I don't think it's better than the other Euro Bosch bikes that are being sold at bike shops, where they will fit you to the proper bike. Post info on availability and price, if it's available in the USA for 3000 USD, I'll take 2!:D

Who would handle your warranty work on your BMW bike? I don't know the answer but buying a ebike from a car dealer doesn't sound like you're in the right store.
Last December I called my local BMW dealer. The guy was unhelpful. Headquarters could not find the "part", in BMW-speak, for the USA. Evidently, was not imported in the USA last year.

The bike has strong emotional impact. If that is the only benefit you desire, then buy the consequences. Otherwise, take a closer look at the other benefits. The Germans understand product design very well. Like joe says, service, warranty and support are more important benefits.

I acknowledge the emotional impact. I also tell myself that my emotions highly bias my decision. What else can I consider to balance the decision ?

Right now is the best time to email an European store and have them ship you a bike. Euro is almost 1 to 1 to dollar

Ask them if they sell it: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
They ship to South Africa so there is hope they could ship to US even if that's where you are. Price 2700€ + possible import duties and taxes.
Although it will probably be available only from (selected German) bmw dealers.

It's American design btw:
http://designworksusa.com/design/lifeleisure/u-s-olympic-team-bobsled/

Speed wil be limited to 25 km/h.

Last edited:
@Brambor is correct, in a couple of hours I set off to buy this little baby for the purposes of resale -

On exchange rate alone I am saving £1500 - I have four BMW Cruise ebikes to sell, 3 Large and 1 Medium, you can pick them up for £1850 - £2000 plus shipping,I thought it was good value. My experience of the European Dealers was that they wanted me to collect, they would not ship, but I found a UK Dealer who wanted the business more.

In all seriousness when I ship goods outside of the EU then there is no VAT to pay so you can actually buy these from me at £1666.67, no idea what the duties are, I am lying in bed with an hour to go until my epic journey of driving 800 miles! I had no idea that these were not available in the USA.

If you have any questions you can address them here - [email protected]

Last edited:
Is that the exchange rate? If so yes, and I can ship at cost with favourable rates to USA, we offer a next day service - if it helps out and you want one then why not?

That makes sense...

However if you read the post I am able to ship without vat so Brambor is correct. (divide 2500 by 1.2)

Last edited:
Back