BMC Alpenchallenge AMP E-bikes

Downhill the bike feels and is sharp as a race bike so 66.5km/h feel really safe to take turn and behave much better that what I would have expected.

Wow, I took mine to 25mph ~ 40kmh downhill and it did not feel safe and stable at all. I've got to look into this closer, something might be wrong.

Ha, ha, I know, right? If its a fake its excellent one :eek:
Yes go to your dealer, it might not be fit properly, mine was really very well prepared and greased everywhere...
My only surprise was the first time I was hitting the break..... I forgot what it means to have new disk brakes..... Was scary but everything ok now :cool:

Yes, I knew the problems I can face, But still i decided to do it. My commute from home to work is all through tracks exclusively for bikes, the fact that I have the software to remove the limit, doesnt means im going faster than the rest, the fact i remove the speed limit is not to become an speed demon, its to have a more comfortable ride for what I need: to arrive to work on time without sweating like pig.
Ive found the 25km/h not enough, 30km/h ( like in some countries is actually already happening) would be better. When I cycle, in fact, I find nobody here goes under 25km/h.
The difference now, is that I can properly keep an steady speed of 30km/h or so without sweating. I arrive always on time to work, ready to work without having to take a shower before... the days that im interested in have a proper excersise I put back the speed limit from the app in my iPhone. ( the software comes with a smarthphone app to control everything from your phone).
I know its about perceptions, but I do seen on daily basis people with “regular” bikes behaving like crazy on the streets.

I am with you on the extra speed when you need it. Not to be a crazy speed demon. Just use it judiciously on straight flats when you do not pose any danger to anyone or anything. I have a delimiter on one of mine and I really would miss having it if it was removed. Ride safe!

Hello everyone. Nice to see people happy with their BMC. A little update from my side: I keep waiting for my herkelman wingee fender. I texted them yesterday and they told me they have started to dispatch the pre-orders. This fender/rack has been quite popular, ive been following it since last year but they were out of stock for almost one year. I will keep u all updated as soon as i get it.

Today i upgraded the firmware to the bew 4.7 all smooth.
But this time i would like to ask for some help. As some of you know. I have the city ltd version. I wanted the green color so this was my option to choose. Over the time i made some upgrades/modifications. One of them was to add the XT Di2 and so far it has been working ok except for one thing. It makes a noise when the chain goes through it. Ive always though it was normal but now that ive found this forum i would like to confirm it. The noise is basically on this area. (Find pic attached). Is the friction of the chain going through this little “bridge” of metal. Sorry if this thing has a proper name and im using other words.

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• B6687AA0-0FF7-4A88-AE5F-701B41512175.jpeg
    B6687AA0-0FF7-4A88-AE5F-701B41512175.jpeg
    594.3 KB · Views: 818
Hello everyone. Nice to see people happy with their BMC. A little update from my side: I keep waiting for my herkelman wingee fender. I texted them yesterday and they told me they have started to dispatch the pre-orders. This fender/rack has been quite popular, ive been following it since last year but they were out of stock for almost one year. I will keep u all updated as soon as i get it.

Today i upgraded the firmware to the bew 4.7 all smooth.
But this time i would like to ask for some help. As some of you know. I have the city ltd version. I wanted the green color so this was my option to choose. Over the time i made some upgrades/modifications. One of them was to add the XT Di2 and so far it has been working ok except for one thing. It makes a noise when the chain goes through it. Ive always though it was normal but now that ive found this forum i would like to confirm it. The noise is basically on this area. (Find pic attached). Is the friction of the chain going through this little “bridge” of metal. Sorry if this thing has a proper name and im using other words.

Thanks for the help
Hi gerardo.garcia,
The chain should run on the top of the guide plate, not underneath
Hope this helps

Attachments

• FE17AC0F-32AF-4603-ADE9-FE8DFF49B31E.jpeg
    FE17AC0F-32AF-4603-ADE9-FE8DFF49B31E.jpeg
    605.9 KB · Views: 728
  • C1510DE4-BEB1-449E-B129-A1673A026CE8.jpeg
    C1510DE4-BEB1-449E-B129-A1673A026CE8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 761
I have finally received the herkelmann wingee fenders today. Very easy to install. What do you think guys?

Attachments

• F52A42D8-D005-4C4E-B812-C49FD4C7168D.jpeg
    F52A42D8-D005-4C4E-B812-C49FD4C7168D.jpeg
    283.2 KB · Views: 1,471
  • 69CF9AF9-75B0-4116-9421-FE1A1274AC79.jpeg
    69CF9AF9-75B0-4116-9421-FE1A1274AC79.jpeg
    275.8 KB · Views: 2,102
  • D5D67924-F1BD-4DF1-B952-C9AF80434091.jpeg
    D5D67924-F1BD-4DF1-B952-C9AF80434091.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 1,348
Looks great. Do you have any pictures with bags on the rack? I was wondering what style of bag rides best on the minimalist rack.

I have the brooks norfolk black color. Its a front bag but i use it as a rear one. It means its smaller as well than the regular rear bags. I can take a picture tomorrow morning. (Its 1am here).

Looking forward to these AMP Road E-bikes for Canada. I've been wanting a lightweight E-Bike with drop bars.

With my Juiced CCS I find anytime I hit about 37 to 38 km/hr. that going any faster drains the battery really quickly because of the upright position that catches a lot of air. I want a more aero position that's more efficient at those speeds. I'm ok with a lower power motor and will just supply more power of my own. Very excited for this.

BMC release their new Alpenchallenge AMP Road E-bikes

https://www.bikeradar.com/news/2020-bmc-alpenchallenge-amp/

Basically, a road version of the existing lineup.

This bike is sooo sexy and capable ! Congrats BMC for challenging the Fazua system And making something better.

Q- How can high end ebike have a similar price with a high end non ebike ?
I don’t complain , they are already expensive as they are now. But an ebike has : controller, wires, motor, battery, display, heavier frame(more material) .

The carbon wheelset one is around 8-9k and a top road bike with Di2 has similar price.

The only conclusion is that the normal road bikes or REGULAR BIKES SHOULD BE 50% cheaper. Is the same at other price range for commuter bikes vs ebikes for commuting.

I really like this new one from Bmc.
Does anyone know what do they mean by the - Shimano detuned motor ? What was the normal performance before ?

It definitely looks like this is the best e road bike as of right now. The “entry” level one is 5k and is a very solid choice with great components from a very good brand.
I know many roadies will be very jealous seeing one pass them @28-29mph !

I just wanted to add a picture of my new "BMC Alpenchallenge AMP Cross LTD" bike you mentioned above. I haven't prepared a review yet, but I can say, this bike is nothing I have ridden before. With its weight of 15kg its super light and the position of the battery supports a naturally "biking" riding feeling. The AMP Cross is kind of softtail with its MTT (micro) suspension you can spot at the beginning of the seatstays. Its all carbon frame gives me a well defined feeling on the bike.
Best of all (for me), this bike encourages you to pedal by yourself after the motor stops its support. The 25km/h limit here in Europe is not a hard cut-off feeling wise, I can go easily beyond and let the motor kick in on uphill sections to support my pedalling.

when I saw it end of June, I knew that I have to get one. I just love it... :-D

View attachment 25466
Hi,

Your bike looks absolutely stunning, I'm thinking of getting a similar model BMC AMP but was wondering if you or anyone else on here knows if the BadAssBox 4 works with this bike? (removes the speed limit for UK models). The reason I ask as the magnet is located on the rear hub (I think). If anyone can provide further information it will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Hi There all. I have just taken delivery of my Alpenchallenge Amp City Ltd. So far i am really really please but have only been out for some short rides of about 15 to 20 miles. My first e bike and haven't ridden any bike for 20 years. Have a really stupid question for you. I am really struggling to find the frame number on my bike. I would like to register it obviously for the warranty but cant find it anywhere on the bike.

Many Thanks
Andy

Back