Blix Vika+

Tara D.

Vika means to fold in Swedish
I am in love with this vintage green!

The Blix Vika+ is a folding electric bike with classy accents including matching saddle and stitched ergonomic grips. Upgraded brake levers with comfort edge, easy-mount step-thru frame, locking removable battery pack.

Here is the EBR full review

I added some goodies...
a rear bike-bag ... which zips / locks to hold ABUS lock and tools and and extras
a rear brake light - via micro switch on reach 'pinch'
a big seat from my old bike
a 'Paris' basket - with a StabilizingTurkeyFeather
(if I remove basket via 3 buckles, the bike can fold. But its so small, I park -unfolded- in corner of apt)

I am interested to see what others have done
tommylee

Attachments

• Image00004.jpg
    Image00004.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 1,829
  • Image00006.jpg
    Image00006.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 1,794
  • Image00009.jpg
    Image00009.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,135
  • Image00005.jpg
    Image00005.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 1,687
  • Image00007.jpg
    Image00007.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 1,763
Last edited:
thanks...
rain here (Portland) easing up...
I have a spare battery for Loooong rides..
I want to add a 'net' to hang it in step-thru area...
and also to put my SB Roar bluetooth box...
..a net means less vibration on extra battery..

rain here too.. or snow depending on elevation.. Vancouver Canadaaaa eh? Hitting an extended winter.

I have always wondered how the take off from 0 is? Is it surge like or smooth? I think this would be the perfect bike for my mom.

I had to get used to it Dont take your hands off casually - like a regular bike
In (rotational) pedal assist - for smoother starts - I use a setting of 2 or 3 (out of 4).
4 is pretty strong - once you get a rotation of pedal.
I use 2/3 in local town hood, but 4 when traffic allows or demands. And if i need a boost, I hit the afterburner (direct throttle).
You DO NEED to hold on, because if you treat it like a regular bike it can pull it out of your hand.
In cold I have 'gripper'/insulated gardening gloves so I have a good grip on the handles. NOT slippery wool mittens.

Step-thru is good for easy access. I have the seat lower than for a bike where you need a near-straight leg for torque. So I sit low like a Harley - especially on my big padded seat. So both feet on the front of my foot at a stop light. Quite comfortable - but this position is ME finally deciding I will let the bike motor assist a fair amount.

I rode a bit in low-traffic areas first to get confidence.

NEXT is saddlebags for groceries.

I wish the display was the type designed for briteness in sunlight. Hard to read. I would pay for that upgrade - BLIX are you listening?
Speaking as a BSEEE.

hope this all helps

Tom

Last edited:
Haha.. Ya I have the Mariner Volt Bike for myself but was hoping to find a nice step thru for my mom that might not launch her off and be easy to get on and off.. Mine also has a swift take off rocket launcher effect which is fine for me but maybe not so fine for my mom. Thanks for the info. Still love the look of this bike. :)

I've had my Vika+ since July 2016 and use it to commute by train. I don't fold it nearly as much as I thought I would and one reason is that it doesn't fold tightly, like, say a Brompton or a Dahon, and it can't be wheeled around easily when folded. I've recently purchased some velco straps which might make the fold tighter, but haven't solved the wheeling issue.

Very interested to see Tommylee's modifications. Well done!

Let's face it, our bodies eventually get worn down no matter how young we feel. I realized I hadn't ridden my bike for a couple years now. It just sits there, loosing air, collecting dust, getting it my way...
I finally did something about it and bought the Vika+. With 350 watts of power I can now ride for hours in any direction I want to go. Portland and surrounding areas have plenty of hills to conquer. Even better, I can fold the bike and put it in my (Saab) trunk for those regional and out-of-state trail heads. No more having to string my bike rack on the back of my car and no more scratches because of it. Over the years I've received few scratches myself but now I'm able to get back in the saddle!

I ordered a Blix Vika+ via my LBS on June 8th. I wanted it in black but the shop only keeps them in green and cream. LBS says Blix shipped the bike June 14th, but as of June 23rd it still hasn't shown up at the shop. I hadn't heard of Blix taking a long time to fulfill orders elsewhere on the forum, but I'm wondering if this is a known issue or a new one for Blix?

@BiscuitHead Order fulfillment usually takes up to 5 days from order to delivery, depending on your location. Very sorry to hear the long wait you have had, I'm not sure what happened this time but if you still haven't received the bike can you please message me or our [email protected] and we will look into what happened right away. Thanks for choosing Blix and hope you get many happy miles with your new Vika+!

@Rover1701 we usually update models within a 12-18 months period. I don't have details now, but there will be an update sometime during 2019, but not before summer.

Thanks for the reply!

I decided to go for the Vika+ recently; nice quality folding bike and a seems like good value so far.
(Hope I didn't miss out on to many 2019 summer upgrades :))
BTW the bike I got had a loose front fork and pedals however my local bike shop fixed it asap.

Wanted a step-thru w/ rack, fenders & throttle, keeping the folded weight/size to a minimum; the Vika+ tops the current list and rides much like a non-folding bike.
Motor is very zippy which is great for assist, speed and hills however I wish it would kick-in a little more gradually when making slow maneuvers; maybe a software update could help???

Just need to add a bell, water bottle holder and Ergon grips.

Thanks for the reply!

I decided to go for the Vika+ recently; nice quality folding bike and a seems like good value so far.
(Hope I didn't miss out on to many 2019 summer upgrades :))
BTW the bike I got had a loose front fork and pedals however my local bike shop fixed it asap.

Wanted a step-thru w/ rack, fenders & throttle, keeping the folded weight/size to a minimum; the Vika+ tops the current list and rides much like a non-folding bike.
Motor is very zippy which is great for assist, speed and hills however I wish it would kick-in a little more gradually when making slow maneuvers; maybe a software update could help???

Just need to add a bell, water bottle holder and Ergon grips.

Great to hear! Securing any potential loose parts is part of the assembly/safety check process so glad that worked out. Thanks for input on motor assist, it's a combination of software and hardware capability.
Hope you'' have many happy miles with your new Vika+!

I had to get used to it Dont take your hands off casually - like a regular bike
In (rotational) pedal assist - for smoother starts - I use a setting of 2 or 3 (out of 4).
4 is pretty strong - once you get a rotation of pedal.
I use 2/3 in local town hood, but 4 when traffic allows or demands. And if i need a boost, I hit the afterburner (direct throttle).
You DO NEED to hold on, because if you treat it like a regular bike it can pull it out of your hand.
In cold I have 'gripper'/insulated gardening gloves so I have a good grip on the handles. NOT slippery wool mittens.

Step-thru is good for easy access. I have the seat lower than for a bike where you need a near-straight leg for torque. So I sit low like a Harley - especially on my big padded seat. So both feet on the front of my foot at a stop light. Quite comfortable - but this position is ME finally deciding I will let the bike motor assist a fair amount.

I rode a bit in low-traffic areas first to get confidence.

NEXT is saddlebags for groceries.

I wish the display was the type designed for briteness in sunlight. Hard to read. I would pay for that upgrade - BLIX are you listening?
Speaking as a BSEEE.

hope this all helps

Tom
This is my fear with all of these 20” folding bikes. It doesn’t sound too relaxing if you have to always be on guard in fear of falling off!

Back