Blix aveny making noises

Fesaelgesa

Hello all. I bought a blix aveny in June and I love it!! Its got about 600 miles on it and is what I use to commute daily. Just recently when I go over 17 mph in level 4 the motor starts making a sort of rattling grinding noise. It comes and goes so of course when I was at the bike shop it wasn't doing it. Has anyone experienced this? Should I be worried or just ignore?

Wife's Aveny is under 400 miles and still runs very quiet. She uses the throttle A LOT, so she isn't particularly easy on the motor, but I don't think she uses level 4 assist very often, and she is not very good at knowing how to find the right combination of gear and pedal assist level. (Side note: I think this is more natural on mid drives than hub drives, but I don't ride her Blix very often and I have learned it is not a good idea to critique her riding style :) ). So far, we have been very happy with the Blix, so I hope your experience isn't a sign of a weakness in the Blix motor. Please let us know of any further developments with this problem.

Don't ignore it. Pretty easy to split open the motor to check for gear lube or magnet coming loose.

Back