Biktrix Swift Stepthru vs Juiced Crosscurrent S2

Kabebr

Region
USA
Hi

I have shortlisted these two bikes. Both seem very similar. Main difference is that Biktrix has 1000w hub drive motor from MXUS and Juiced has 750w hub drive from Bafang.

I also have a $100 discount code for Juiced, which brings the price down to $1899, $400 lower than Biktrix.

Based on my interaction with both the companies, Biktrix seems to have a much better customer service than Juiced.

I would appreciate if you could offer any comparison of these two bikes.

The Juiced offers slightly more power if you are thinking about commuting from A-B in the quickest time, the 750w Bafang hub motor peaks at 1300w, the 500w MXUS motor on the Biktrix peaks at 1000w. If you are a shorter rider or you run errands around town you'll appreciate the hop on/hop off convenience of the step-through, swept back handlebars, and more upright riding position, of the Biktrix Swift.

Both have geared hub motors, with similar torque specs, capable of climbing steep hills. Both bikes offer torque + cadence sensing PAS and a throttle. Both have 7-32t cassettes, the Biktrix is a 7-speed, vs 9-speed on the Juiced but you probably will only use 3 gears regularly, and otherwise similar specs, hydraulic disk brakes, sprung suspension fork, ebike lights, ebrake sensors, rack. fenders, etc. The 500c display on the Biktrix is in color and offers haptic touch feedback. The Kenda street tires on the Juiced are slightly narrower than the Chaoyang MTB tires on the Biktrix. Both companies offer similar size batteries just under 700wh, with optional long range 1,000wh battery upgrades.

Last edited:
The Juiced offers slightly more power if you are thinking about commuting from A-B in the quickest time, the 750w Bafang hub motor peaks at 1300w, the 500w MXUS motor on the Biktrix peaks at 1000w. If you are a shorter rider or you run errands around town you'll appreciate the hop on/hop off convenience of the step-through, swept back handlebars, and more upright riding position, of the Biktrix Swift.

Both have geared hub motors, with similar torque specs, capable of climbing steep hills. Both bikes offer torque + cadence sensing PAS and a throttle. Both have 7-32t cassettes, the Biktrix is a 7-speed, vs 9-speed on the Juiced but you probably will only use 3 gears regularly, and otherwise similar specs, hydraulic disk brakes, sprung suspension fork, ebike lights, ebrake sensors, rack. fenders, etc. The 500c display on the Biktrix is in color and offers haptic touch feedback. The Kenda street tires on the Juiced are slightly narrower than the Chaoyang MTB tires on the Biktrix. Both companies offer similar size batteries just under 700wh, with optional long range 1,000wh battery upgrades.

This is really helpful.
I feel like Juiced maybe by a hair a slightly better bike because of more powerful motor. It’s also $400 cheaper. But I also place premium on good customer service and Biktrix seems to be a lot more responsive than Juiced. So it’s now a test of whether I am ready to put my money where my mouth is :)

I also place premium on good customer service and Biktrix seems to be a lot more responsive than Juiced.
I agree, I have a kit motor but have had good after sales parts support from the retailer, it's vital for direct to consumer companies when you need to get your bike back up and running.

Not having any experience with them, my focus would be on the MXUS motor for this call. For instance, how noisey is it as compared to the nearly silent Bafang? Parts availability on the aftermarket? Not saying the MXUS is bad. Only that I have no experience with them....

how noisy is it as compared to the nearly silent Bafang?
MXUS X15 500w 48v geared hub motors are used on Electric Bike Company ebikes, I haven't heard excessive noise in Court's video reviews of their models here on EBR, but you could always ask owners in the EBC brand forum. Someone did a teardown of the 350w 36v version of the MXUS X15 motor on Endless Sphere from which I read the 48v version (used by Biktrix & EBC) appears to be the same motor with a different winding.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Will decide tomorrow. Swift step thru will take 4-5 weeks because they don’t have the base 17.5a battery in stock and upgrade to 21.5a is too expensive - it should be $200 and is actually $500.

So thinking about CCS2 vs Ride1up 700. I’d have preferred Ride1up LMTD but I want a bike now. That’s the main reason I had ruled out Priority Current.

My wife has three years on her Juiced CC and loves it. I can't speak to customer service as nothing has gone wrong yet. The videos for assembling and changing a flat tire were helpful. A flat on the rear is a bit of a production with hub drives.

Thanks guys. Will decide tomorrow. Swift step thru will take 4-5 weeks because they don’t have the base 17.5a battery in stock and upgrade to 21.5a is too expensive - it should be $200 and is actually $500.

So thinking about CCS2 vs Ride1up 700. I’d have preferred Ride1up LMTD but I want a bike now. That’s the main reason I had ruled out Priority Current.
you are 100000 percent correct i been thinking just like you 500 dollars for the battery if you want bike

This is really helpful.
I feel like Juiced maybe by a hair a slightly better bike because of more powerful motor. It’s also $400 cheaper. But I also place premium on good customer service and Biktrix seems to be a lot more responsive than Juiced. So it’s now a test of whether I am ready to put my money where my mouth is :)
yes biktrix has fanatic customer service i have a juggernaut ultra 1000 but now what a step thru or juiced bike also

I prefer the frame design and 52v battery of the Juiced but Biktrix have much better CS imo. If i had a back up bike i would buy the Juiced, if it was my only bike i would buy Biktrix.
1630835048563.png

1630835166008.png

Back