Bike stolen without battery.

EdC

Last week my Bosch powered ebike was stolen after I had removed the battery. Now I have the original 500 power pack battery, my extra 400 power pack battery and a 4 amp charger, and I don’t know what to do with them. I tried buying a bike the uses power back batteries, but I ended up with one that uses a power tube battery. Any ideas on repurposing those batteries and charger. The batteries and charger are only 3 years old. Ed

Last week my Bosch powered ebike was stolen after I had removed the battery. Now I have the original 500 power pack battery, my extra 400 power pack battery and a 4 amp charger, and I don’t know what to do with them. I tried buying a bike the uses power back batteries, but I ended up with one that uses a power tube battery. Any ideas on repurposing those batteries and charger. The batteries and charger are only 3 years old. Ed
Probably post the make and model of your stolen bike on the classified section here and see if you can find a buyer for the batteries. The problem might be in the shipping...

I bought a trek because I could add those batteries to it. but that's too late for you. you can get a printout of the battery's info and sell them.

Mileage will determine value.

If your new bike uses horizontal 625 PowerTubes, I would trade you one in for the PowerPack batteries.

Lithium ion batteries are sought after for recycling. Take it to Lowe’s or Home Depot. They partner with a large recycling company. Call2Recycle. Same thing happened to me recently. If No one on this site wants the battery and charger I will drop it off at Lowe’s. Sorry it happened to you.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear that EDC

I am considering so many things before I buy an e-bike (which I plan to do for commuting mainly) and “stealibilty” is one major thing I have been considering.

If you do not mind, could say how your bike got stolen? Did the thieves snap through the lock or was it left without a lock for a period? Also do you live in a busy city or suburb

(please feel free to refrain from answering, I am just trying to get a feel for things for my purchase and an e-bike with the Bosch batteries is what I am leaning on hence my question to this seemingly fitting topic)

Back