bike stand for maintenance for an ebike

badger505

I got a Lectric XP step thru ebike. I wanted to work on my bike to adjust the derailleur, tighten bolts, etc. but difficult to find a bike stand that will work with the weight of over 60 pounds or the width of the fat tires, at the axle 7 inches. I don't want to spend a lot of money just a stand to get the back wheel off the ground to adjust the derailleur and lube the chain.
signed budget minded cyclist

I found a bike stand on Amazon,
Ibera Easy Utility Bicycle Stand, Adjustable Height, Foldable Mechanic Repair Rack Bike Stand For Bicycle Storage, but not sure it will work with my ebike . Any thoughts??

I have both the Handlebar Jacks above and also a jackstand from Yaheetech. I think it was 60 or 70 bucks. I have used them both and they both work fine with the XP. I would recommend to remove the battery before hoisting it up on the Yaheetech although it would probably support the bike just fine...

Ibera Easy Utility Bicycle Stand, Adjustable Height, Foldable Mechanic Repair Rack Bike Stand For Bicycle Storage, but not sure it will work with my ebike . Any thoughts??

I bought one after you posted. It arrived yesterday. It supports my Specialized Turbo Levo. I had used kickstands (a no-no on mountain bikes) but they failed because of the weight of the bike was more than they were designed for.

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately I don't believe this utility bike stand will work with my Lectric XP step through ebike because the space between the chainstays is over 7 inches due to the fat tires and the weight of 63 pounds. I am going to see if a utility stand made for a scooter or motorcycle is available on the market. Most bike stands are intended for regular road or mountain bikes which are much lighter than ebikes.

It held my XP up no problem. I did remove the battery and seat post just to be safe but it was rock solid...

I bought one after you posted. It arrived yesterday. It supports my Specialized Turbo Levo. I had used kickstands (a no-no on mountain bikes) but they failed because of the weight of the bike was more than they were designed for.
FYI-I have been using kickstands for 2 seasons for chain lubes, etc. No issues to report. My kickstands are mounted on the rear part of the chainstays. Tilting the bike slightly allows me easy access while spinning. The Ibera stand referenced above looks like another good candidate for minor maintenance.

I've never owned a bike stand. Always hung my bikes from the garage door tracks using tie down straps. One hook in the track and wrap the other around the frame. Works great.

1602031181068.png
1602031256565.png

Grand PitStop Motorcycle Wheel cleaning stand - Paddock Stand Replacement - Wheel Roller Stand for tire cleaning & chain lubrication - GRoller (Medium (Bikes < 485 lb & Tyre width <180 mm))​

Visit the GRAND PITSTOP Store
I found this product on Amazon. I believe this will work for my needs to get the back wheel off the ground to lube the chain, check tires and adjust the derailleur. It is really cheap and compact. My ebike has 4 inch fat tires like you might find on a motorcycle so I believe this will work.

Grand PitStop Motorcycle Wheel cleaning stand - Paddock Stand Replacement - Wheel Roller Stand for tire cleaning & chain lubrication -​

GRoller (Medium (Bikes < 485 lb & Tyre width <180 mm))​

I found this product on Amazon. I believe this will work for my needs to get the back wheel off the ground to lube the chain, check tires and adjust the derailleur.
It is really cheap and compact. My ebike has 4 inch fat tires like you might find on a motorcycle so I believe this will work.
Interesting idea... ;)

1602283084211.png

I bought that and returned it. My bike weighs 50 pounds. It was not stable at all. Went with the Topeak tuneup stand X. It's expensive for what it is, and not perfect, but works just fine and I am quite satisfied.

If you are worried about weight there are pretty hefty Heavy Duty Rear Wheel Motorcycle Stands that are adjustable and will be more than enough to support our ebikes with weight to spare.
I have the Handlebar Jacks for road/trailside repairs and just ordered the heavy-duty stand for my Yamaha mid-drive... if it's good enough for Motos, it's good enough for my EMTB. ;)

1602293204246.png

I bought that and returned it. My bike weighs 50 pounds. It was not stable at all. Went with the Topeak tuneup stand X. It's expensive for what it is, and not perfect, but works just fine and I am quite satisfied.
Where did you get the Topeak tune up stand X and how much did it cost?

Grand PitStop Motorcycle Wheel cleaning stand - Paddock Stand Replacement - Wheel Roller Stand for tire cleaning & chain lubrication - GRoller (Medium (Bikes < 485 lb & Tyre width <180 mm))​

I found this product on Amazon. I believe this will work for my needs to get the back wheel off the ground to lube the chain, check tires and adjust the derailleur. It is really cheap and compact. My ebike has 4 inch fat tires like you might find on a motorcycle so I believe this will work.
Thanks for the heads up. Another handy tool to use with solid durability. Cheers! ;)

I have the Handlebar Jacks for road/trailside repairs and just ordered the heavy-duty stand for my Yamaha mid-drive... if it's good enough for Motos, it's good enough for my EMTB. ;)

View attachment 68161
Oh yeah, another nice solid option. Like the mobility of this unit as well. Good call!

Back