bike seats....

Jerry LM

Has anyone tried the Infinity bike seats? The reviews are good although kind of expensive but if they work worth it I guess.

The only way you'll know is by trying one.

Find a good bike shop that will let you try a few different saddles. Not to be too blunt about it, but if the bike shop you are talking to won't let you try on a saddle before purchase then they aren't a very good bike shop and you need to look elsewhere. Purchasing a bike saddle without trying it makes about as much sense as purchasing a pair of boots without trying them on first.

A lot of money to spend on a bike seat without trying it first. I would check the return policy before buying.

Read the research and reason for it, the ride across
America and the number of competitors using the seat don't just judge by cost alone. 3500 dollars for a bike????? Can get one at Wally World for 59.95! An electric on amazon for a couple of hundred bucks.

If it were my $300 I would find a decent bike fitting service ($100-$150) and buy one of the many great saddles out there with what is left over.

That saddle seems to be solving the problem of how to make a very lightweight saddle that is reasonably comfortable when ridden long distances. Depending on the kind of riding you do that might not be necessary or even make very much sense.

OK, I am having some pain issues in the private area with bike saddle and went on line to research if there is a better solution than the Saddle I am using and another I tried. One narrow and solid the other wider and cushier with sprung seat and telescoping post. After a day of riding I am sore still today.
I spent three hours last night reading about this new type of saddle, how it came about, the principle behind it and the doctor who developed it. I also read the reviews of the saddle from those who are using it, and the tri athletes who find it relieving issues they had with traditional bike saddles.
I am not apposed to technical advances, just because the saddles have been made the same forever doesn't mean there can't be improvement using scientific knowledge as a basis to solve a problem. Granted not everyone has this problem but I do and after reading a great deal of literature from long distance riders it is not uncommon, especially with men, and those in senior years, such as myself.
Three hundred dollars is not a small amount I agree but if it solves the problem. in my opinion worth it , since it can mean the difference between riding and not. RDA and patent costs as well as developing exposure at rides and so on all cost a lot of money, bringing a new product to the market is very expensive. As the saddle becomes more successful and exposure increases I am sure the price will most likely decrease.
The saddle comes with a return policy for a 30 day trial period with a 35.00 return fee so the risk is relatively low imo. Certainly worth 35.00 to give a 30 day trial.
If one takes the time to research the saddle and supporting reviews I think they will be convinced more so than just looking at the photos of a saddle they have never seen one like it glancing at the price and immediately reaching a conclusion.
My only reason for posting was to see if perhaps someone on the forum may have had or tried one. Obviously not, so I will move on. Wasn't trying to convince anyone to purchase anything, don't know the developer and had never seen it before yesterday.

Last edited:
To me a proper fit and saddle are the two major components of a comfortable ride. And face it, if you are in pain you are not going to ride as far or often. So $300 is not to much to pay. If your rides are routinely 30+ miles, a good saddle is more important than suspension, gear ratios, and even assist. If your butt hurts, no matter how good everything else is, you will have shorter rides. Riding can also become a chore.

All that said, if I were looking for a saddle, the one Rincon suggested looks like a better choice. Not just because it’s about half the price, but to me the design and materials look better.

Just my 2 cents.

Not trying to be a weeny or anything , but where in the post on this thread did any on imply you were a schill?

I spent three hours last night reading about this new type of saddle, how it came about, the principle behind it and the doctor who developed it.

All the major saddle manufacturers have done research, and have biomechanical engineers, doctors, pro cyclists, etc. on their payroll. Each one of those manufacturers has their own idea about what makes for a good saddle. Like anything else, there is more than one way to skin a cat, so-to-speak.

This is a bit of a rant, but this whole thread has activated one of my many pet peeves.

Everyone has a different butt. And without extensive examination of said butt and relevant expertise it is hard to evaluate which bicycle saddle will work for a given person. To add to the confusion, tiny adjustments in the saddle position and angle, and the stem height and position, can completely change the feel of the bike and can turn (for a given person) a perfectly working saddle into a torture device, or make a saddle that was grossly uncomfortable a throne of bliss.

I strongly suspect that if your bike is properly fitted most cyclists could choose any well-made saddle from a decent bike shop at random and be just fine. Conversely, if your bike is poorly adjusted you can spend insane amounts of money trying to find a saddle that will not torture you. So what I am saying is that proper bike adjustment is probably much more important than individual saddle choice.

Many bike shops provide bike fitting services, sometimes these will be offered for free if you purchased a bike there. Many physical therapy and sports medicine offices also offer bike fitting, or can refer you to someone who can do it. My opinion is that it is better to invest our hard-earned dollars on getting the bike properly fitted before we decide if we need or want a fancy saddle.

@Jerry LM, if you look on Google there are two bike shops in Eugene that offer pro bike fitting services. Given that Eugene is about 70 miles from you that might be a better investment than this fancy bike saddle, given the problems and discomfort you have described.

@Jerry LM

I wanted to add that Bike Newport, just the other side of Heceta Head and Cape Perpetua from you, also has bike fitting services. They also offer a "mini-fit" service that might also help you.

thanks I appreciate the advice and information on the shops, I have already visited the Eugene shops and test rode some bikes. I have been in small increments been adjusting the saddle I now have in terms of height, angle, and reach, I rode today and it was better, but I still have a bit of a problem with private parts so now investigating my riding apparel ie: pants, I just wear bluejeans and my wife noted today that they were not a good choice for the bike as they tend to hang a bit low. So to sum up I am trying to solve step by step. May invest in a pair of bibs to see if it has a positive effect. Determined to ride this thing.
I have read the steps to bike fit concerning the line of the leg and pedals, reach, extension etc. and it seems I have it pretty much dialed in, frame size is 17" and seems about the right choice as well.

;

Back