Bike repair stand suggestions.

I have the Ultimate Support. Model is the Ultralight. It is great. You can get it at Feedback sports.

Attachments

• 20190626_160120[1].jpg
    20190626_160120[1].jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 540
  • 20190626_160108[1].jpg
    20190626_160108[1].jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 541
Last edited:

Attachments

• Spin Doctror Pro G3 Bicycle Repair Stand lg.jpg
    Spin Doctror Pro G3 Bicycle Repair Stand lg.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 512
Thanks guys. I ordered a stand from Ultimate Support that can handle 85lb. The shop that sold the bike told me it weighs close to 70 lbs. The stand I used for decades can't handle this weight.

The last time I bought bike stuff was over 5 years ago and none of it is compatible with this e-bike. This bike is like a beast. Its huge!

Got my 32 mm headset wrench and torx torque wrench so I can adjust the stem and handlebars. Never had a bike with tubeless or with keys. Not sure what I am getting into compared to traditional road bikes. Had to get a tubeless floor pump. I think I am set for now and appreciate both your suggestions for the stand. I want to get this bike on the stand and double check everything before get on the road for some mileage.

You won’t need that 32mm, the system for cinching down the stem takes care of the headset adjustment at the same time. You tube videos out that cover all aspects these days.

You won’t need that 32mm, the system for cinching down the stem takes care of the headset adjustment at the same time. You tube videos out that cover all aspects these days.

It's actually a 36mm wrench (my size error). The mechanic who setup up the bike before shipping told me to straighten the stem and tighten the 2 bolts, use two 36mm wrench to set the tension needed between the 2 lockings under the stem. When all is good with the lockings tighten the set screw in the locking.

Very easy adjustment to do with 2 wrenches. I purchased a couple cheap wrenches at the wrong size and had to mill them to 36mm on a vertical mill. Whatever works.

It's actually a 36mm wrench (my size error). The mechanic who setup up the bike before shipping told me to straighten the stem and tighten the 2 bolts, use two 36mm wrench to set the tension needed between the 2 lockings under the stem. When all is good with the lockings tighten the set screw in the locking.

Very easy adjustment to do with 2 wrenches. I purchased a couple cheap wrenches at the wrong size and had to mill them to 36mm on a vertical mill. Whatever works.
Oh Oh ...according to R+M that will void the warranty (-:

My bad. I just assume that all modern bikes, especially those of R&M caliber, use an aheadset non-threaded steer tube which is not what you describe which is for a threaded type steer tube.

What if you didn't take off the battery? Will it still support?

I never bought anything from Park Tool because of their price.. are they more durable compare to other brands?
I believe it will handle up to 100lbs. It is built like a tank!
***EDIT***
Oops, 80lbs.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Looks like an excellent stand to handle any rotation angle for adjustments. Hoping what I ordered will do the upside down same as yours so I do not have to bend in an awkward position to keep the bottom of the bike clean.
Cool! Would love to hear what you think about yours.

Back