Bike repair stand suggestions.

I have the Ultimate Support. Model is the Ultralight. It is great. You can get it at Feedback sports.

I have had what looks to be the same model since 2006.

Great for non-ebikes. Lite and portable.

IMHO, not so good for ebike use. My Bulls Evo 3 hardtail MTB has caused it to permanently sag at the base of the part you attach to the bike.

Wish the story was different.

Cool! Would love to hear what you think about yours.

The stand works for what I need. I am amazed as the the bike is seriously heavy. I cannot lift it with one arm while the seat post is clamped. I have to use both arms to adjust the working height. The get the clamp to hold the seat post it takes a lot of tork on the knob but it works and I am pleased with the purchase. I also had a technical question and manufacturer replied within a quick time sop all is good with the stand.

I still have not figured out or spent time learning how to change the rear wheel with the Rohloff or the front wheel. I want to make sure I know how to do an easy flat fix before I get the bike on the road. Also have to figure out the batteries - removal & charging, that the key is for, the controls on the handlebar, the alarm, the shock adjustments and whatever else may be basic. This e-bike stuff is a bit intimidating compared to non e-bike maintenance. Very easy to change a tire , dial in brakes, adjust shifting cables, replace a chain with a traditional bike. I now have a bike with belt drive, motor, suspension, tubeless rims, etc. and its more complex.

Sooner or later I'm going to dedicate the time needed to get the bike off the work stand and on the road.

I’ve concluded that they all stink. Short of a $2000 hydraulic or electric lift it’s a PIA getting a 50-70lb bike loaded up on a stand. A low narrow table and ramp seems more useful. The clamps on most stands aren’t designed for the large battery downtubes or any exposed wiring/cables. YMMV

It's hard to explain exactly what I am doing : WILL TRY :) I either set the Bike on a Milk Crate and bring the stand over to the bike : Or I have 2x6 with a slotted Hole cut into it so I slide it on my Seat Tube . Then pick up the Bike and set it on the Clamp edge : Let go with 1 hand and quickly Clamp the Bike down. Once I get it clamped the Board slides right out. But it could just stay there. I've done a few Bikes that were heavier then 70 Lbs : With those It wasn't to hard to pick it up high enough to set it on a Milk Crate. That way gets me High enough that I'm at the perfect level to slide the clamp on. At least at the starting Height of the stand. If I want to get it Higher I might Shim the Milk crate. My Park Tool clamp rotates " SO when I bring it down Have have it lower in the Rear and use the Bike to set it down :

I just figure out how much of the tube to expose as the Board slides down to the bottom : You have to do your own distance figuring : With the milk crate you can pick up one end of the Bike and rock it up there : I do use a towel on the Milk crate so as not to scrape the Bike. But I don't think it would anyway. If your'e worried about the seat or Tube > Get a block of hard Rubber that's wider then the Lip of the clamp.

That's what I used to do but found the rubber flexes enough it sometimes creates a Bind . So you have to start over : The wood works good because it slides up and down easy :

Just an Idea to make it easier if you have to lift by yourself. It also helps that I have The Park tool PCS 4 : So I don't have Tripod legs in My way : I can slide the Milk crate almost perfectly into the clamp :

Back