Bike racks for Helios

Caradura

Seeking input on hitch mounted platform racks to transport Helios? Problems include fenders, carbon frame, protection of motor and display?

The 1UP USA rack is perfect for my step through frame with fenders. There is one contact point on each tire and none on the frame itself. The spool that contacts the tire is adjustable (7 different positions) so that you can select the position that it contacts the tire.

1UP USA also offers foam rollers that cover the spools so that you can position the spool against the fender if you choose. I did that for the first 18 months and it held my bike very securely and did no damage to fender. I only recently lowered the rear spool so that it contacts the tire below the fender and I like this position a little better.

My rack is the 2" Super Duty Single rated for up to 75 lbs and weighs 28 lbs. It comes in a reusable shipping box that is nice to store the rack in when not in use. You can put up to 2 add ons onto the single for a total of up to 3 bikes.

I have the optional ramp that makes loading heavy ebikes easier. This is my second rack from 1UP USA and I am 100% satisfied with the racks and the company. 1UP USA racks are lightweight, fold up compactly for easy storage, extremely quick & easy to load & unload, and hold bikes very securely.

Attachments

• IMG_1219.JPG
    IMG_1219.JPG
    326.6 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_1220.JPG
    IMG_1220.JPG
    380.2 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_1221.JPG
    IMG_1221.JPG
    972.9 KB · Views: 322
The 1UP USA rack is perfect for my step through frame with fenders. There is one contact point on each tire and none on the frame itself. The spool that contacts the tire is adjustable (7 different positions) so that you can select the position that it contacts the tire.

1UP USA also offers foam rollers that cover the spools so that you can position the spool against the fender if you choose. I did that for the first 18 months and it held my bike very securely and did no damage to fender. I only recently lowered the rear spool so that it contacts the tire below the fender and I like this position a little better.

My rack is the 2" Super Duty Single rated for up to 75 lbs and weighs 28 lbs. It comes in a reusable shipping box that is nice to store the rack in when not in use. You can put up to 2 add ons onto the single for a total of up to 3 bikes.

I have the optional ramp that makes loading heavy ebikes easier. This is my second rack from 1UP USA and I am 100% satisfied with the racks and the company. 1UP USA racks are lightweight, fold up compactly for easy storage, extremely quick & easy to load & unload, and hold bikes very securely.
Thanks, the 1up was high on my list. That rear spool doesn't appear to be high enough on the wheel to keep it down? Is the rack lockable to the hitch? Very nice R&M by the way!

IUP says the spool on right side should contact tire (or fender) anywhere between "12 & 3 o'clock position". Left side would be anywhere between "9 & 12 o'clock position". I have tried lifting rear of bike off rack and cannot move it. I am very comfortable with it and just completed a 450 mile trip in that position. If in doubt, you could always place a cable tie around rear rim and wheel tray to keep it from bouncing up.

Yes the 1UP has a locking pin that goes through the receiver and rack. There is also a 'anti rattle/wobble" device that tightens the rack into the receiver that needs a special hex/allen wrench to remove the rack from vehicle. This will stop the average thief and slow down the determined thief!

Last edited:
IUP says the spool on right side should contact tire (or fender) anywhere between "12 & 3 o'clock position". Left side would be anywhere between "9 & 12 o'clock position". I have tried lifting rear of bike off rack and cannot move it. I am very comfortable with it and just completed a 450 mile trip in that position. If in doubt, you could always place a cable tie around rear rim and wheel tray to keep it from bouncing up.

Yes the 1UP has a locking pin that goes through the receiver and rack. There is also a 'anti rattle/wobble" device that tightens the rack into the receiver that needs a special hex/allen wrench to remove the rack from vehicle. This will stop the average thief and slow down the determined thief!
Excellent info, thanks again!

Back