Bike frame broke. Can anything be done for this?

That much I will do. What I will do with it once in my hands remains to be seen. I haven't had time to give it much thought but its possible that I will have it fixed and then sell it but if so, I would never touch another Chinese eBike again. If I were to consider another bike, next time I would pay more and stick with an North American company.
Whos bikes are all made in China!

Reactions: SDB
If you're in Toronto check out Amego on Richmond
My partner had an Amego bike. Rode it for 2 seasons and sold it earlier this year. It was a better bike than the DJ ebike. Better gearing, noticeably so. He sold it only because he felt like an Uber delivery person as they all rode the same bike. I went for this one due to the fat tires which at that time weren't as commonly sold as I see them this year.
Whos bikes are all made in China!
I hope that the quality would be better with a company like Trek, Giant, etc? One thing I hated about the DJ bike was the gearing. It was fine pedalling uphills and different terrains but on a long piece of flat land where you pick up speed, the gearing was terrible. Your legs would spin around too quickly. Although in my case I rarely was on such land, when I was, I stopped pedalling and just used the power. That same issue took place with the Amego bike but to a much much lesser degree.
I would hope that with Trek or other such companies, at double the price, plus, that issue would not be happening?!
In my case, I went with DJ as I wasn't sure I would use this bike so I didn't want to lay out $5,000 unless I was sure I would use it but I would want a test ride first on my next purchase.

My partner had an Amego bike. Rode it for 2 seasons and sold it earlier this year. It was a better bike than the DJ ebike. Better gearing, noticeably so. He sold it only because he felt like an Uber delivery person as they all rode the same bike. I went for this one due to the fat tires which at that time weren't as commonly sold as I see them this year.

I hope that the quality would be better with a company like Trek, Giant, etc? One thing I hated about the DJ bike was the gearing. It was fine pedalling uphills and different terrains but on a long piece of flat land where you pick up speed, the gearing was terrible. Your legs would spin around too quickly. Although in my case I rarely was on such land, when I was, I stopped pedalling and just used the power. That same issue took place with the Amego bike but to a much much lesser degree.
I would hope that with Trek or other such companies, at double the price, plus, that issue would not be happening?!
In my case, I went with DJ as I wasn't sure I would use this bike so I didn't want to lay out $5,000 unless I was sure I would use it but I would want a test ride first on my next purchase.

It sounds like you are a great candidate to get your next bike from your LBS. If nothing else, the support will be worth a large portion of the extra $$. The Trek Powerfly seems reasonably priced and sure looks purdy!

It sounds like you are a great candidate to get your next bike from your LBS. If nothing else, the support will be worth a large portion of the extra $$. The Trek Powerfly seems reasonably priced and sure looks purdy!
Not familiar with it but will look it up. Cheers!

Trek has a lifetime frame warranty for the original owner. I ride an Allant+7 and we just got a +7 Lowstep for my wife and we both love our Allants! And they are well under $5k.
A49ED68A-22FB-4499-9B02-A3F784B8D318.jpeg

@Trek Allant. Nice bikes. Will take a look at them soon. Sorry, $5k as in Canadian. Whereas the DJ bike here after tax was about $2200

@Trek Allant. Nice bikes. Will take a look at them soon. Sorry, $5k as in Canadian. Whereas the DJ bike here after tax was about $2200
Good luck whatever you decide! You deserve some good luck!

, I would never touch another Chinese eBike again. If I were to consider another bike, next time I would pay more and stick with an North American company.
Good luck finding an ebike not made in China regardless of where the seller is located. DJ Bikes is a North American company selling ebikes of their own design which are manufactured in China. I’m sure there are ebikes assembled in North America but are comprised of parts made in China. That said, I am quite disappointed with the apparent way they handled your case. I think you should have at least been given the option of getting a replacement bike, even though there could be a significant delay in it shipping.

Back