BIKE COVERS

Windy

Hello, Does anyone use a bike cover while their bike is being transported on a hitch mounted bike carrier? Thinking of a long road trip and don't want my bike exposed to the rain and dust & Dirt! Any recommendations?

I use one but for protection while is locked . And is great, i’m sure it will work great for your purpose as well.

The protection is against the nature/ animal elements or the human elements which unfortunately is most of the time as opposed to rain protection.

I use one but for protection while is locked . And is great, i’m sure it will work great for your purpose as well.

The protection is against the nature/ animal elements or the human elements which unfortunately is most of the time as opposed to rain protection.
Thanks for the reply and which one do you use?

Hello, Does anyone use a bike cover while their bike is being transported on a hitch mounted bike carrier? Thinking of a long road trip and don't want my bike exposed to the rain and dust & Dirt! Any recommendations?

I ride a recumbent trike. I use a clear vinyl backpack to cover the left grip where the display and throttle are mounted. I made a rear wheel cover to protect the hub motor and i wrap the battery mount connection in plastic. I always keep the display covered when driving regardless of the weather but don’t bother with covering the hub or battery mount if its not raining.

I would think most of the covers I have looked at would get ripped to shreds on the highway unless you put a lot of ties on them to keep them from whipping around. Securing them properly could be a real PITA.

Some covers will block your taillights and license plate, which could earn you a summons. I believe clear ones are available.

Back