Bike charger question

Yeah the fan would always be on when it's charging?

Does the LED come on? Because it almost sounds like the charger has a defective fan.
Thanks Timpo- I think I got it to work. Curious as to how fast it will charge compared to the stock charger...

Gunna try and ride more this weekend and see if I can drain the battery pretty good and then check the recharge time...

If your battery was near full, I doubt you'll see substantial difference.

The battery charger will charge at max rate up to near full, but when it gets close to full, the charging rate will go down just to top up that last little bit.

I'm not an engineer, but apparently it's not safe to charge at full rate when it's near full. Just like you can fill up the water in the bucket when it's near empty, but when it gets close to full, you will need to slow down so that you don't spill water.
No engineeer, but you play one on the internet! :)

For the esteemed electrical engineers, brilliant bike experts or charger connoisseurs out there:
My XP lite charger: Output is 54.6V 2.0A
My old Ejoe Epik-SE: Output is 41.0V 2.0A

Since I'd like to keep an backup at my office, are these compatible? My understanding is with the Ejoe charger supplying less power that's okay as I'd use it rarely if at all, just having it a backup. The amps are the same (is that the important measurement?)
Thanks.

Your XP and Sport chargers look identical to me. Pinouts match, volts and Amps are identical, they look identical.

For the esteemed electrical engineers, brilliant bike experts or charger connoisseurs out there:

Since I'd like to keep an backup at my office, are these compatible? My understanding is with the Ejoe charger supplying less power that's okay as I'd use it rarely if at all, just having it a backup. The amps are the same (is that the important measurement?)
Thanks.
Absolutely not.
The important number here is output voltage which need to be identical.
The Amps can vary and determine how fast it will charge. Equal or less is fine, going too high can be a problem if the battery is designed for faster charging. Most can handle 3 amps
Your XP and Sport chargers look identical to me. Pinouts match, volts and Amps are identical, they look identical.
He's clearly stating different voltages.... are you smokiń?!?!🙃

Absolutely not.
The important number here is output voltage which need to be identical.
The Amps can vary and determine how fast it will charge. Equal or less is fine, going too high can be a problem if the battery is designed for faster charging. Most can handle 3 amps

He's clearly stating different voltages.... are you smokiń?!?!🙃
Maybe??? LOL I'm strictly talking about the two pictures he posted. I'm talking about the XP and Sport chargers. NOT the Ejoe.
In the pictures they are identical. Are we talking about something else?
Ya if he has different voltages I'm with ya....Ohm's law.

Maybe??? LOL I'm strictly talking about the two pictures he posted. I'm talking about the XP and Sport chargers. NOT the Ejoe.
In the pictures they are identical. Are we talking about something else?
Ya if he has different voltages I'm with ya....Ohm's law.
My bad... I think you were replying to the OP and I was replying to the more recent post just before yours which that person liked.
Looks like I'm the one with the glowing bowl 🙃
In my defense, you replied to a 2 year old post

It is a new post, I just kept with this similar thread. There is no photo from me! 🤷‍♂️ But both chargers will fit in the XP lite's charging port. So the voltage is the key issue, and using a lower voltage will ??? Do nothing, or will it damage the XP battery?

It is a new post, I just kept with this similar thread. There is no photo from me! 🤷‍♂️ But both chargers will fit in the XP lite's charging port. So the voltage is the key issue, and using a lower voltage will ??? Do nothing, or will it damage the XP battery?
You won't hurt a 48V(54.6V) battery using a 36V(41.0V) charger but you'll only be charging a 48V(54.6V) battery to 42V which is typically the Low Voltage Cutoff for a 48V battery. The reverse, charging a 36V battery with a 48V charger is madness!

Probably nothing but possibly damage the charger.
I just wouldn't.

Holy crap, I gotta lay off my cholesterol meds....I have no idea what's going on in this thread!

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/w89ak63KNl0nJl80ig" width="480" height="400" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

Probably nothing but possibly damage the charger.
I just wouldn't.
For those holding their breath, or not, 🥱
Regarding:

Nothing is correct! Charger doesn't even register charging.
Edit: I should have written - the answer "Nothing" is correct - as for the outcome, per the reason a number of posters have expected.

Last edited:
For those holding their breath, or not, 🥱
Regarding:

Nothing is correct! Charger doesn't even register charging.
FFS YOUR XP LITE 54.6v is for a 48v battery. A charger with 41v (should be 42v) May be a 36v charger. 41v is below LVC for a 48v battery.

Back