Bike Alarm

Nxkharra

Does anyone uses a remote controlled bike alarm?

Just saw an add for cheap one. Is it worth it? Does it work?

I do. But I only use it when I lock and cover my bike. If it is visible someone could smash it with a hammer before it even knew wtf was happening. When it's under the cover someone would activate it before they knew it was there.

I use this one: https://amzn.to/2H85KEl. I have it underneath the seat, and it was a very tight fit (I had to remove the back cover even). No way anyone can remove it. It works great! Gives me peace of mind knowing that if anybody messes with my bike in anyway, that alarm is going to make it very obvious. And people dont expect an alarm on a bike, so it really startles.

I bought the similar item from Amazon. Will arrive tomorrow. That was going to be my plan also. To install under the seat or inside the little bag I carry for spare and lock...

Under the seat (upside-down with the back cover removed) works very well. Totally invisible and protected.

Agree. I am ok to pay higher price now to get a really good product that lasts. Haven’t find it yet.
Like the concept also.

When you own (and ride daily) a 10K dollar bike security is always primary in today's world full of shitheels. At least in the "good 'ol days" I could shoot someone in the back of the head for trying to stealing my "horse". The back of the head so it doesn't get all over the horse.

$10,000? Someone's $1,000 bike may mean more to them than your $10,000 bike does to you, I have the same alarm as ChezCheese and think it's a good deterrent. Nothing will stop someone who really wants your $10,000 bike, lots of videos to prove that.

$10,000? Someone's $1,000 bike may mean more to them than your $10,000 bike does to you, I have the same alarm as ChezCheese and think it's a good deterrent. Nothing will stop someone who really wants your $10,000 bike, lots of videos to prove that.

It's no deterrent at all if it is visible to a POS bike thief. They are way smarter in stealing bikes than you are at protecting them. When the alarm can't be seen it stands an actual (slim) chance of protecting your bike. When visible it's just a toy to haul around to talk about. Like using a condom with a hole in it.

I use this one: https://amzn.to/2H85KEl. I have it underneath the seat, and it was a very tight fit (I had to remove the back cover even). No way anyone can remove it. It works great! Gives me peace of mind knowing that if anybody messes with my bike in anyway, that alarm is going to make it very obvious. And people dont expect an alarm on a bike, so it really startles.
I got my alarm just now. It did fit under the seat also. You are correct. Very tight fit.
I did use the two way tape that cam with it to stick it to the seat instead of ties.
When the time comes to change the battery I will have a heck of a time to remove the cover to change the battery.
Might have to buy another one if I break it. Cheap enough.
The remote surprisingly looks and feels decent.
As you said we shall see how long will last.
Will report the usage.
Thanks again.

Under the seat (upside-down with the back cover removed) works very well. Totally invisible and protected.
Perfect fit.
As I mentioned don’t know how it works if/when I need to change the battery.

Attachments

• C70C15CD-DF1C-4388-ADE4-3C3759722829.jpeg
    C70C15CD-DF1C-4388-ADE4-3C3759722829.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 494
  • B8968BD0-F162-451E-81F6-A0998300E762.jpeg
    B8968BD0-F162-451E-81F6-A0998300E762.jpeg
    197.2 KB · Views: 539
It's not a bike alarm, but could serve as one, having a thief grind away for an hour,

I really enjoyed watching this video where Bicycling.com tried an angle grinder on the new Altor SAF lock. They needed extra batteries and several blades on their portable angle grinders to cut it off.

Back