Bike Alarm

I broke the little q bell that came with the bike. Now I have the alarm remote loosely cable tied and then velcro'd to the handlebars and positioned slightly over the grip in perfect position to hit. It's way louder than the bell and easier to hit the sound, so there's that extra use for it.

Last edited:
I use this alarm on my e-Bike and find it very convenient if I am running errands around town.

View attachment 37943
Yes, this is the one I have. I really like it. Although it does give an initial warning sound, it cannot be got at, jammed under the seat as it is. Any attempt to get at it will have it going off like the screaming harp in Jack and the Beanstalk.

Attachments

• 5F8061F7-CFBA-46DE-8BC8-1766921E9AFF.png
    5F8061F7-CFBA-46DE-8BC8-1766921E9AFF.png
    270.5 KB · Views: 338
I broke the little q bell that came with the bike. Now I have the alarm remote loosely cable tied and then velcro'd to the handlebars and positioned slightly over the grip in perfect position to hit. It's way louder than the bell and easier to hit the sound, so there's that extra use for it.

It's actually a better "bell" than an alarm if a thief can see is mounted.

Indeed. When I next buy some recloseable cable ties, though, it will become removable.

The point I was trying to make is that if you use a full opaque (never seen a clear one but...) bike cover when you lock/leave your bike, some scumbag sociopathic self-serving dickwad can't see the motion detector and would set it off trying to remove the cover. If they can see it, they can destroy it easily and Then steal your bike. A full opaque cover is the 1st and best defense for protecting a bicycle, even motorcycles from both SSSS Dickwads and the elements.

The point I was trying to make is that if you use a full opaque (never seen a clear one but...) bike cover when you lock/leave your bike, some scumbag sociopathic self-serving dickwad can't see the motion detector and would set it off trying to remove the cover. If they can see it, they can destroy it easily and Then steal your bike. A full opaque cover is the 1st and best defense for protecting a bicycle, even motorcycles from both SSSS Dickwads and the elements.
OK,got it. I have been thinking about that since reading your posts. So far I've been careful about where I lock it up, and even so, either it's in sight or I'm not getting in a lineup at the store.

OK,got it. I have been thinking about that since reading your posts. So far I've been careful about where I lock it up, and even so, either it's in sight or I'm not getting in a lineup at the store.

That's when and if I don't take it in the store with me.

Me too. So far no challenges to walking it into stores that sell bikes and hardware stores. The cheap covers on Amazon have buyers saying they start to come apart almost immediately.

Me too. So far no challenges to walking it into stores that sell bikes and hardware stores. The cheap covers on Amazon have buyers saying they start to come apart almost immediately.

Buy more expensive or just sew the damn thing when you need to. Most people don't carry much gear when they ride, let alone multiple locks, cover, over-full bar-bag(s), front panniers etc. So most don't even think of covers as a viable security measure when I believe they are the best measure and just enhance a motion detector and locks. But my perspective isn't "normal" amongst bikers.

Cover
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPpeCpGHjzn4oSM-7810QsccnbTw4CAHqcejEv-GC5dWL8yT48mOcjRHkpTYNZ_5w?key=VjUzaG5CN1phRFFRNUhGaXBWcG96bUlWZlJ5ajl3

Let's face reality, if someone wants your bike, and waits around long enough, they're going to get it no matter what you spend on an alarm or lock. Nothing will get in the way. With that said, I purchased an inexpensive 113 dcbl remote alarm. Not very loud, but a a good loud warning chirp if you bump it or try to move it. Let me say this, that warning chirp and alarm sound just "may" scare off the would be thief or call attention to it. The way I look at it, it's better than nothing. I attached it to the cross bar with plastic ties that come with it. I got it on Amazon for $14.00.

Let's face reality, if someone wants your bike, and waits around long enough, they're going to get it no matter what you spend on an alarm or lock. Nothing will get in the way. With that said, I purchased an inexpensive 113 dcbl remote alarm. Not very loud, but a a good loud warning chirp if you bump it or try to move it. Let me say this, that warning chirp and alarm sound just "may" scare off the would be thief or call attention to it. The way I look at it, it's better than nothing. I attached it to the cross bar with plastic ties that come with it. I got it on Amazon for $14.00.

If it's visible, I doubt it would even chirp when hit with a hammer. Fire a concrete nail through it and I guarantee it wouldn't. Its visibility is its weakness. Scare off some kid... maybe, dissuade a bike thief... I doubt it very much.

Back