Bidet

How is smearing poo around better? do you actually take a shower? water cleans off poo really well. if you want cheap you can go the handheld way https://www.amazon.com/Greenco-Hand...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
I shower. The question is general, though.
The point is that even though TP doesn't remove as much, the TP itself is new. The nozzle is not. So regarding sanitation between multiple users, I might not be sold on the cleanliness of the device.

water cleans off poo really well
Not well enough. Do you actually not wash the area physically with a washcloth or something when you shower?

I shower. The question is general, though.
The point is that even though TP doesn't remove as much, the TP itself is new. The nozzle is not. So regarding sanitation between multiple users, I might not be sold on the cleanliness of the device.

Not well enough. Do you actually not wash the area physically with a washcloth or something when you shower?
thats why you have pressure.

All the poop spraying doesn't make the implement cleaner.
Expensive bidets have self-cleaning and a UV sanitizer, so unless they are doing that to impress, there is reason to believe the implement itself becomes unsanitary.
Maybe a spray bottle of hydrogen peroxide nearby would solve that issue if it is actually a thing.

All the poop spraying doesn't make the implement cleaner.
Expensive bidets have self-cleaning and a UV sanitizer, so unless they are doing that to impress, there is reason to believe the implement itself becomes unsanitary.
Maybe a spray bottle of hydrogen peroxide nearby would solve that issue if it is actually a thing.
they have those things because people don't like cleaning toilets. a bidet does not make your toilet a mess. men have been doing that since they invented a toilet.

After fooferdoggie (thank you) mentioned the handheld bidet which I didn't know existed I started to research them and went with one designed to attach to the sink faucet so you can easily get the water at a nice temp. In my case I'll hook it to the faucet of my whirlpool tub which is actually a kitchen sink faucet I had laying around when I bought the tub. I feel better about that after reading a few (very few) horror stories about valves springing a leak sometime after install and flooding bathrooms. At least this way if it happens it will leak into the tub and cause no problems. I'll let you know how it works.

After fooferdoggie (thank you) mentioned the handheld bidet which I didn't know existed I started to research them and went with one designed to attach to the sink faucet so you can easily get the water at a nice temp. In my case I'll hook it to the faucet of my whirlpool tub which is actually a kitchen sink faucet I had laying around when I bought the tub. I feel better about that after reading a few (very few) horror stories about valves springing a leak sometime after install and flooding bathrooms. At least this way if it happens it will leak into the tub and cause no problems. I'll let you know how it works.
my wife is blind and she would make a mess with one. plus it takes forever to get hot water in our house so one of those would be out.

my wife is blind and she would make a mess with one. plus it takes forever to get hot water in our house so one of those would be out.
That's one reason I will hook it into the faucet that serves my whirlpool tub. It's on the second floor right above my utility room. There's only about 7' of hot water line between the water heater and the tub faucet. I think it will also come in handy for cleaning some larger things in the tub.

What a shitty thread!
I don’t know crap about bidets butt it would certainly seem you’d be wasting way more water and just as much TP as normal.💦🧻
Maybe it’s time to go back to the corncob!

Red or white?
Hmmm, guess I’m not experienced enough to know the difference but red is certainly here in abundance!
74E206E5-7404-4062-99EF-2C2CD85CF974.jpeg

What a shitty thread!
I don’t know crap about bidets butt it would certainly seem you’d be wasting way more water and just as much TP as normal.💦🧻
Maybe it’s time to go back to the corncob!
Nonsense. How does it waste water? The water comes from my well,it gets used,and then it goes back into the ground to eventually go back to my well or someplace else. As to the TP,I haven't used a single square since installing the bidet and that's good for my septic system.

Nonsense. How does it waste water? The water comes from my well,it gets used,and then it goes back into the ground to eventually go back to my well or someplace else. As to the TP,I haven't used a single square since installing the bidet and that's good for my septic system.
Guess we all just need to change over to wells and septic tanks. And bidets.

On a few trips to Europe over the years there have frequently been bidets at some point in the trip lodgings I had. Versus TP, I've always found the difference in end results ;) -- particularly as it relates to feeling/staying clean over the subsequent hours -- very remarkable. And for me, absolutely less TP use. Thought flushable wipes would be a decent compromise; definitely better results than TP -- until I saw a photo and article shared by our county sewage treatment facility, of just how UNfriendly the wipes typically are for sewage/water treatment facilities.
So, hoping to finally get one installed at home, as part of a bathroom remodel. Currently no electric junction convenient to the toilet (without running through walls or ceiling to tap an existing wire elsewhere) or else I'd have tried out one of the bidet seats already!

I can't believe I'm contributing post #77 to a thread that is about as off topic as it can get for an electric bike forum!

In our case, the toilet is close to the shower so I made this simple "wand" attachment from a few parts I got at Home Depot:

P1080779.JPG P1080776.JPG P1080774.JPG

It is a chrome plated copper toilet supply line bent in a "U", connected to a shower head shut off valve and a long flexible shower head hose. A quick connect attachment makes it easy to switch between the wand and the shower head. It stores on the shower rod when not in use.

I don't mind cold water but my wife uses it before or after a shower when the water is already warm. The wand is self cleaning but it gets disinfected daily when the shower is sprayed with an alcohol / peroxide based shower cleaner.

Cheap & simple and it's been working well for almost 10 years now. Who knows how many rolls of TP we've saved. It sure came in handy when you couldn't find TP on store shelves during the early stages of the pandemic.

Some good ideas. I wonder if instead of the single jet spray something like an injector nozzle with multiple streams would give a pleasurable experience.

Some good ideas. I wonder if instead of the single jet spray something like an injector nozzle with multiple streams would give a pleasurable experience.
I suppose you could use something like that. We tried some different spray nozzles at first but they made more of a mess. With just a plain rubber tipped non restricted opening, the water pressure provides a steady fountain like stream which is easy to direct where it's needed.

I can't believe I'm contributing post #77 to a thread that is about as off topic as it can get for an electric bike forum!

In our case, the toilet is close to the shower so I made this simple "wand" attachment from a few parts I got at Home Depot:

View attachment 78403 View attachment 78402 View attachment 78401

It is a chrome plated copper toilet supply line bent in a "U", connected to a shower head shut off valve and a long flexible shower head hose. A quick connect attachment makes it easy to switch between the wand and the shower head. It stores on the shower rod when not in use.

I don't mind cold water but my wife uses it before or after a shower when the water is already warm. The wand is self cleaning but it gets disinfected daily when the shower is sprayed with an alcohol / peroxide based shower cleaner.

Cheap & simple and it's been working well for almost 10 years now. Who knows how many rolls of TP we've saved. It sure came in handy when you couldn't find TP on store shelves during the early stages of the pandemic.
So basically a home made version of this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E4H7DTA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back