Bicycle kickstand for any bike: full suspension, tandem, touring with packs

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, Andrew (Aushiker on here) shared this awesome kickstand on the thread about Neo Jumper kickstand solutions. That bike has no kickstand because it is full suspension and we were struggling with the oversized chain stays and because most aftermarket products are too small and might not follow the curves of the frame.

Click-Stand® is the only folding portable stand that will support all types of bicycles. Folds to between 7" and 10" in length. ~ Weighs near 75 grams.

The Click-Stand could work well in this scenario and in lots of other cases with larger, heavier loads like tandems and touring. I wanted to call it out and welcome any other neat kickstand solutions.

portable-kickstand-recumbent-bike.jpg click-stand-touring-bike.jpg aftermarket-kickstand-for-tandem-bicycle.jpg add-on-kick-stand-for-road-bike.jpg

The Clickstand comes in several sizes and strengths with different mounting options for water bottle bosses or tube brackets. The stand itself ranges from $35 to $45 and the brackets range from $7 to $10.

seat-tube-bracket.jpg top-tube-attachment.jpg click-stand.jpg bungee-secure-strap.jpg

I like how simple this product is, it's light weight and folds up for easy transport. Looks like someone just used a standard tent pole and added a little cradle at the top. Brilliant!

That's a fantastic idea Court, thank you for sharing the link.

Whilst searching to see if the click stand was sold over here in the UK I spotted the following using a fishing rod stand. :)

custom-kickstand-telescoping-rod.jpg fishing-rod-kickstand.jpg

Very cool Eddie, where did you find this thing? The end piece seems to work well with the bike frame, was that added on or part of the fishing rod stand? I'd love to learn more about this, maybe it's something that can be made inexpensively.

I just found something similar on Amazon from Como called an Adjustable Metal Fishing Rod Pole Holder Rack Stand (that's a big name) for $10 that seems to be similar, though a little brighter in color.

Cool, sounds like they just got it from a local fishing shop. Thanks Eddie!

I cycled a round trip of 32miles today, to buy this. :)

It's a telescopic rod stand that extends from 15" to 21" and something that I didn't realise but is a big bonus, the rubberised V top operate on a sprung cam. They both swivel sideways, then spring back to grip whatever it is that you want to hold. I now just need to buy a mini pump holder, and the job is done.. One adjustable bike stand for approx. 10 of your US dollars. :)

There were other sizes, but 15"-21" was the approx. size that I was after.

rsz_dscf0713.jpg rsz_dscf0715.jpg

I have just discovered a flaw that would affect all of these stands. You really need to carry an elastic band or Velcro strap to place over the brake lever to stop the bike from rolling either backwards or forwards.

I have just discovered a flaw that would affect all of these stands. You really need to carry an elastic band or Velcro strap to place over the brake lever to stop the bike from rolling either backwards or forwards.
Brilliant... that's the kind of "aha" that can only come from someone who has tested the product out in real life! Or a genius :)

Back