Best value (not cheapest) city ebike for hills (with quality components, etc)...

I just wanted to chime in again and say a heartfelt "Thank You!" to all those who've replied. As I'd hoped, you all have (a) helped me think through the process a bit more clearly and (b) pointed me to a few bikes options that I hadn't even known about but that sound really appealing. I'm especially intrigued by the Atom Diamond Wave Pro and the Felt Sport E-50. I'll plan to visit a few local stores that carry those (and others) and go from there.

Again, thanks to everyone for the help...if there are other suggestions, etc, please keep 'em coming! :)

By the way, one of the local shops has a (seemingly) great deal on a Kalkhoff Integrale S11. I actually really like how it looks and the bike components seem really solid. (Plus, I'm probably biased from the relatively positive experience I've had with my current Kalkhoff). But when I researched it online, it seems that people have warnings about the motor drive -- it's an Impulse 3.0 Evo. If I ride it and like it, should I consider that or is that a motor system that I'm better off avoiding?

Check out the Wing ebikes. They are a good value and as a bike enthusiast with many other expensive non-E bikes over I think I can give a good opinion on quality. Everything works well and it has built in lights and alarm (although its not real loud). Racks & fenders are Wing specific but well priced. Its 36v system 350w but the bikes are not super heavy at 48lbs with mid grade battery 10.4 mah. We didn't want a e-motorcycle sort of thing we wanted some exercise to burn off fat and keep in shape. Its perfect and goes fast, but on lower settings you get a workout. It does ride rough with a very HD wheelset and stiff frame. I just did a ride 30 miles in hilly terrain on 2-3 and made it home with some juice to spare. Great support from Wing BTW.

Back