Best Practices: Uploading Photos

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
There are three steps to making photos long-lasting and accessible here in the forums:
  1. Name your image something meaningful, this will help people find it here
  2. Upload your photos, do not link to them as the serving site may go down and some sites dislike embeds because it takes their bandwidth, this is called "kiting"
  3. Please choose the "Thumbnail" option when embedding photos that you've uploaded because they will take less bandwidth for tablet and mobile viewers to see
uploading-photos-to-ebr-forums.jpg

That's it! Three simple steps to help people enjoy your images here. The screenshot below shows the two options discussed above. Thanks!

Last edited:
@fredi, if you have a video from one of the supported formats all you need to do is click on the icon above that looks like a couple of frames of film or video. It's 2 icons to the right of the smiley face :) Feel free to message me if you still need more help.

@gkgeiger I think they have updated the software from when this was posted on Jul 16, 2016 and it might depend on the browser you're using. On Chrome, both PC and Android, I see this:
epr postin.jpg

You can "drag and drop" directly into your post. If you use the "attach file" box that will allow you to insert a thumbnail wherever your cursor is currently positioned then anyone viewing the post can click on the thumbnail to see the full image.

You can "drag and drop" directly into your post. If you use the "attach file" box that will allow you to insert a thumbnail wherever your cursor is currently positioned then anyone viewing the post can click on the thumbnail to see the full image.
Hey! Who is the expert in the matter. Can someone give a personal consultation? write to direct!

In the current version of the page next to the "link" icon is a "image' icon. Clicking on that lets you upload an image, or if you have the image hosted elsewhere you can choose "by URL" that way you're wasting your own resources instead of this forums.

Which is part of why I like having my own server..

On my first post last night adding images - I selected /highlighted the two images,
and it looks like the site handled it well. I don't recall if thumbnail choice came up.
I usually pre-edit images from PNG to JPeg reducing image files to roughly 130kb
or less, cropping it, and giving the file it's name at the same time.
I don't like slamming a site with heavy loaded image files.
Like I've noticed some do across the internet with screen shots from a phone,
can easily be 7MB load,, and that's just way over kill.
And that one 7MB load is easily 8 normal images when edited properly.
There's over 20K images on my phone, and everyone of them were edited.
On the MacBook Pro,, more than likely ten times that.

Cheers

Drag & Drop is a Great Option on sites I use.
Some image files maybe a few tiers deep and difficult to find during a post when already in view from system files. Now simply grabbing it and dropping in into message is such a very slick process. Well,, unless you drop it with touch pad before getting there. Usually it's still back where it started, and if not,, just go up to system tool bar of Edit tab and select move file back,, and presto, go grab it again.
I also set my MacBook Pro up with 3-4 separate desktops, 4 totally different screens, with documents on one,
file system on another, and that screen will have up to 3-4 system files in view showing different drives, office apps on another, and Browsers on the other.
It's like having four separate laptops sitting side by side. Totally uncluttered and easy access to everything.
Items from one screen can easily move to any screen needed.
Cheers

Drag & Drop is a Great Option on sites I use.
Some image files maybe a few tiers deep and difficult to find during a post when already in view from system files. Now simply grabbing it and dropping in into message is such a very slick process. Well,, unless you drop it with touch pad before getting there. Usually it's still back where it started, and if not,, just go up to system tool bar of Edit tab and select move file back,, and presto, go grab it again.
I also set my MacBook Pro up with 3-4 separate desktops, 4 totally different screens, with documents on one,
file system on another, and that screen will have up to 3-4 system files in view showing different drives, office apps on another, and Browsers on the other.
It's like having four separate laptops sitting side by side. Totally uncluttered and easy access to everything.
Items from one screen can easily move to any screen needed.
Cheers
AWESOME!
An apple ( all in it seems ) and using them in a way that I would like to be able too as well.
please note, I DO NOT SEE all apple users as Apples. Sad *I* KNOW....
Could *u* perhaps START a forum, with that in mind?Boxes, boxes.png

Back