Best dual-suspension trail bike...

What is best natural-feeling stealth-looking technical-capable trail-bike?

• Haibike XDuro NDuro Pro

• Lapierre Overvolt AM 900+

• Moustache Samedi 27 Trail Limited

• Rotwild R.X+ FS

• Scott E-Genius 700 Plus Tuned

• Scott E-Spark 700 Plus TUNED

• Specialized Turbo Levo FSR

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
An extension to my previous post pertaining to high end MTB companies getting into the ebike market:

Wow is this a Yeti ebike??

1146636d1500096044-2018-yeti-real-img_3567.jpg

Wow you were a motocross guy in the 70s that is impressive. Me and my buddies use to ride on weekends on dirt trails in the 1980s/90s. Anything from Yamaha

Yes! I was pretty active in the St Louis MO region. Used to race Husqvarna's, '68 360 8-speed, '70 400 Cross (Remember the movie On Any Sunday?), then a '73 250 CR. While those were my race bikes, I was a Mechanic at Surdyke Yamaha and had a TY250 to play around with Trials riding. Also had the whole AT/DT/RT Yamaha Enduro series from back in the day. I still ride off road on bikes, but not gnarly stuff, current ride is a BMW R1200GS for off-pavement stuff, and its too heavy for single track, mostly fireroad stuff, dirt roads, etc.

GS.jpg

Yes! I was pretty active in the St Louis MO region. Used to race Husqvarna's, '68 360 8-speed, '70 400 Cross (Remember the movie On Any Sunday?), then a '73 250 CR. While those were my race bikes, I was a Mechanic at Surdyke Yamaha and had a TY250 to play around with Trials riding. Also had the whole AT/DT/RT Yamaha Enduro series from back in the day. I still ride off road on bikes, but not gnarly stuff, current ride is a BMW R1200GS for off-pavement stuff, and its too heavy for single track, mostly fireroad stuff, dirt roads, etc.

View attachment 19534

Sounds like you were/are really a hardcore cyclist on every level. We were only weekend warriors buying bikes from the Tradin Times and doing minor rebuilds just so we could beat on something. BTW-That is a real beauty in your BMW pic. Thanks for sharing...

I'm happy with my Cube Stereo 160 Hybrid. It is based on the Stereo 160 bike that they race in the World Enduro Series.

Hi Bob,

I am afraid that it was just something that I spotted on Instagram a while back, and have no further details.

As far as I was aware, Santa Cruz have always ben anti ebikes, but I guess that it might be a case of embrace it, or fall behind and loose out.

The Yeti renderings are a couple of years old already...the Santa Cruz rendering is a new one, and quite the looker.
Considering both brands cater to core XC and DH riding, the consensus seems to feel like they were trolling for response.

also, for what it's worth....my biased answer
Volton-A-trail-with-Ultra-eBike-Motor-_808.jpg

B779F4CA-4538-4BE3-B3C9-884344BAC65F.jpeg
I bought a 2017 bulls estream evo 45 fs around thanksgiving. I have no real experience with mountain biking so can’t offer any real life experience but sure looks cool. Plus 28 Mph!

The Yeti renderings are a couple of years old already...the Santa Cruz rendering is a new one, and quite the looker.
Considering both brands cater to core XC and DH riding, the consensus seems to feel like they were trolling for response.

also, for what it's worth....my biased answer
Volton-A-trail-with-Ultra-eBike-Motor-_808.jpg

Hi Joe-Wanted to reach out to you. I am in Chicago also and I see you have a new addition to the Volton family of ebikes above. I do not see this ebike on your website. Is it coming soon later this year. I like the design with nice components. Would also like to see the specs on this bike.
Santa Cruz or Canyon is my choice. Canyon is a German designed bike. They are launching some new models in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Joe
bob armani, We have 2 new models and 1 complete redesign for 2018. The A-Trail 750 is the bike shown above. All current stock is spoken for but more are on the way. If you want to schedule a time to stop in and ride the A Trail 750 around the shop you are more than welcome to schedule a ride. If you're interested in flexing it out on trails and it stays decently dry, we can plan on that as well. For wider road and trail acceptance, we will be offering a 350w version of the A Trail. A new hard tail mid drive and lightweight commuter will also be joining the party.

Joe-Thanks for the update on your new great looking bikes. I would love to stop by and give it a try flexing it out on trails-perhaps when the weather gets a bit warmer and dryer. I am usually on the NBT, so that would be easy for me. Any idea when you'll have them posted on your site for further review? Thanks in advance!

We're right down the road from NBT. I'll have the A-Trail page on the site as soon as I have a better idea on when the frames are painted and going to assembly. I did shoot a quick component walk through showing the hardware. Feel free to reach out to us directly at volton at voltonbicycles

I think the general concsensus is that the best class I emtb out there is the Pivot Shuttle at $10,000; but if you are talking best bike for the money, I think Easy Motion Atoms are going to be in the conversation. Maybe because I have one...LOL.

Class I emtb? Haibike, Pivot Shuttle, Kenevo, Trek Powerfly, Bulls, Cube, JAM, Canyon, Santa Cruz, Scott, Ghost, Moustache, LaPierre. All have good and bad I guess. What brand is going to have LBS support? Lifetime warranty? Backwards compatibility?

What makes a current good e-MTB? Progressive geometry, full suspension, dropper post, warranty, local support, component, component upgrade possibilities, battery life, torque.

Think about what kind of riding you will be doing. Cross Country (XC), Trail, All Mountain, Downhill/Enduro? There are specific companies focusing on particular types. Making the decision about the type of riding you want to do is central to what you start looking for.

Primarily look for emtb from mtb companies.

Edit: Component 1X systems deore or better, clutch drive train.

How much does that weigh? How difficult is it to get the front end up off ground e.g. to bunny hop or to manual ?

It's 50 lbs and I regularly bunnyhop logs and pull the front up to get over a bench or ledge. I don't manual that well but my friend has no trouble manual up and around corners lol - he calls it the wheelie chair.

It's 50 lbs and I regularly bunnyhop logs and pull the front up to get over a bench or ledge. I don't manual that well but my friend has no trouble manual up and around corners lol - he calls it the wheelie chair.

Bunny hoping logs on a 50 lb tank? Manualing ? Now that's impressive! I can't seem to get my 54 lb Bulls more than 3 inches off the ground. I'm new to e-mtbs but it still feels like I'm riding a couch ( compared to my Salsa, which is half the weight). Maybe my technique needs to change somehow.

Back