Best derestricting option for Bosch?

PhilipMack

Region
Europe
Hello everybody,
I want to derestrict my ebike with Bosch Performance Line CX. I am not sure which product would be the best for me. I am also worried because some people have bad experience with derestricting Bosch motors of 4th generation because of the anti-tuning detection and 504 error code? Has anybody here good experience with any of the derestricting product?
Thanks for your answers.

Hello everybody,
I want to derestrict my ebike with Bosch Performance Line CX. I am not sure which product would be the best for me. I am also worried because some people have bad experience with derestricting Bosch motors of 4th generation because of the anti-tuning detection and 504 error code? Has anybody here good experience with any of the derestricting product?
Thanks for your answers.
I heard and read a lot of good things about SpeedBox.

Hello everybody,
Thanks for your answers.
I would also recommend you to use Speedbox. It just feels like the best option.

Hello everybody,
Thanks for your answers.
I have Volspeed installed in my ebike. Quite satisfied but I have never tried anything else so I can't say if it is the best option.

Sounds like lots of BS. Nothing at all specific about Speedbox installation or everyday use. How many miles have you had it operating? What performance changes happened? Speed increases? Etc.

Hello everybody,
Thanks for your answers.
I have fitted a Speedbox 3 to my Bosch motor and the peddle assist cuts out at 23.5 mph so more than pleased.

waiting on one for my wife bike Gepida with Bosch Aclive line plus bike ok but down on speed just hope this will help the bike

The Speedbox 3.0 has a procedure for re-setting a new speed limit for when you want assist to cut out. Perhaps Tricky chose 23.5mph.

Another option is the Bosch Advanced Speed Unlocker Chip on my ebike, from Epic eBikes
The Advanced version allows the rider to set specific power levels in each power mode and shows, via an app, battery percentage, motor output, rider output, and speed.
The motor cutoff can be set for 50kph and from what I've heard ( ;) ) it's easy to hit 50kph in turbo mode.

Why bother? I wouldn’t spend the money and potentially screw up my warranty for 3 mph. I’d really like to hear details about how it’s working?
The point is that you don't have to choose 23.5mph if indeed that's what the earlier poster did. You can choose any speed above that as the cut-off for assistance.

Its weird that just last week i read a post here on EBR that implied folks in Europe had no interest in speed and that basically only people in the US want this lmao!.........it was a very funny post!

Spending a lot of time and more money on top of a rediculously overpriced proprietary system just to try and do what the Bafang system does much easier and with various open source products.

Screenshot_20210706-172131.jpg

Seems the entire EU crowd isn't as happy with 1 mule power or as enlightened as @Stefan Mikes would have you believe.

Back