Best bike sub 2k

Hubrex

Hi everyone,

New to the site and I’m going to be getting my first ebike. I’ve been an avid cyclist for most of my life so have a good understanding of that side, but am just learning the “e” side of things.

My question is : What Is the best bike sub $2k?

I will be using it primarily for commuting, there will be hills but I don’t mind peddling.I want low maintenance, reliable, and something that will last.

I’ve read a lot of good things about the Ride1 Bikes but am opening it up to you all.

thanks for the help!

I’m 6’1” like 160-175lbs, 34 in legs. I have had every type of bike under the sun, but my constant is a steel framed, carbon fork 1x10 road bike commuter. I generally prefer hard tail mtb but majority of my riding these days are road or paved trails.

Have you been to the “Brand and User” section?
Have you seen how many different brands there are?
You need to help us/yourself and decide what style you want.
City, Commuter, MTB, Folding, Fat tire, Moped style, Step thru, etc.
It really is a tough question you have asked.
Year round riding?
Snow?
Fenders?
There is also a heading on the top of the home page for “Best E bikes”.
Ultimately you need to sit on/ride a few different styles and go from there.
Everybody has different preferences and body shapes that factor in.
For what you want to spend, expect mid entry level equipment on a Chinese made bike.
Hope this helps some.
Cheers.

If your on fairly flat routes there are numerous sub $1500 geared hub drive bikes that will do the job. My Ecotric $900 Fattie ( obviously a tire change needed for commuting) would suffice. It peddles pretty effortlessly using the 7 speed on flat ground w/motor totally disengaged. I save the PAS for the return trips or long inclines/hills. This effectively extends the 36v 500w 13ah into about a 40mi range. There seem to be many marketed import "brands" in the catagorie of price your looking for. I like the idea that parts are widely available and pretty inexpensive. Its to me a bolt on repair option vs diagnostic testing, then bolt on repair. Ahhhhh affordable efficient eBikes. Life is Good in this arena at least

Thanks for all the replies! I want the bike to be a commuter standard 26”-29” rims, but do not need fenders, lights, racks. I want all the money spent going into the “bike” and “e” stuff to get super technical about it.

Thanks for all the replies! I want the bike to be a commuter standard 26”-29” rims, but do not need fenders, lights, racks. I want all the money spent going into the “bike” and “e” stuff to get super technical about it.
I think you dead on. Add on items jack the price up way more than adding them later and only what you need or want. Good luck

Back