beep-beep

mark gill

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, I'm sure you've probably had a post on this before, My bike's electrical power cuts out and I get a double-beep alert ("beep-beep [one second pause] beep-beep [one second pause]").

The display remains on. Occasionally the four-bar power level display also flashes on and off.

The problem seems to occur when I push off strongly. I thought the axle wasn't screwed tightly enough, tightened it, but no joy (is the axle torque really so sensitive?)

Any ideas/advice gratefully received.
Mark

Do you have the G2 console? Does "wrench" icon appear with the beep-beeps? If so stop and enter the 3772 diagnostic console code to show any error codes. Instructions and code lists at these threads...

https://electricbikereview.com/foru...ionx-console-code-menu-codelist-included.519/

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/accessing-diagnostic-mode-error-codelist-included.525/

A year or so back my BionX would shut down briefly after hitting sharp bumps in the road often accompanied by the beep-beep with seemingly random error codes. Turned out the G2 console was jiggling ever so slightly in its mounting dock briefly breaking electrical contact. I fixed it temporarily with wire ties...

https://electricbikereview.com/foru...oducts-help-solutions-fixes.13092/post-120065

Finally replaced the console mounting dock and that fixed it for good.

Last edited:
Some follow up information...

I have a copy of the BionX dealer manual. Under "Battery System Sounds" 2 beeps= "System entering diagnostic mode" If you look at your display just after the 2 beeps sound you should see an error code without entering the 3772 access code. If you have a shut down without the double beeps you'll need to enter 3772 to view the error code.

One way to test your console mount to see if it's the culprit is to wiggle it to try to instigate a shut down. The G2 mount just isn't that tight even when new. They may have fixed that with the newer DS3 display.

Attachments

• BionX battery beeps.jpg
    BionX battery beeps.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 3,209
Last edited:
Thanks for getting back to me Bob!

Been away from the site for a while.

It is a G2 console.

I don’t recall seeing a wrench icon.

I don’t see an error code—sometimes the console display looks fine, but there is no power; other times I get the double beep.

I’ve fiddled with the console (squeezing it together to the mount; physically moving it to a different position on the handlebars; physically repositioning the wires coming out of the dock), and often that helps. The console or dock might be the issue, but I can’t prove it, and the bike doesn’t stay “fixed” once I’ve fiddled it.

I saw your wire ties picture and I’m going to give that a try. Will also attempt to loosen the dock screw.

I’ll also try inputting the 3722 code.

So ticked off to find that Bionx went out of business and there promises to be real problems if they aren’t making new replacement parts… Extremely frustrating—test rode a $5200 Trek/Bosch today and it wasn’t a patch on the Bionx acceleration.

Thanks again, and good luck to you,

Mark

You may have to stop when the power failure occurs during your ride to see the error code. That said, most error codes just say to "check connections" which you've likely done already.

When the intermittent condition that I had would clear, the console would reset itself. Sometimes the assist would revert to zero and I'd have to reset it to where it had been before the shut down.

Seems to be business as usual at Ohm and Elby. They must be getting parts from the European supply that survived the bankruptcy.

Error 22 as seen in diagnostic mode...

Attachments

• error 22.jpg
    error 22.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 882
Last edited:
Back