Bea my new love

meteo

Hi folks,
I'm Michael from Germany and I'm new in the ebike community. I'm a fan of drop bars for long, so I was looking for a nice light commuter bike with drop bars and a decent motor to get me to work without sweating too much.
So here she is: Orbea Gain D20 model 2018. Sram Rival1x11 hydraulic disc braks with 250Wh internal battery and the Ebikmotion X35 rear hub motor. Runs like a charm.
I already put new tires on (on the pic still Kenda Flintridge 40mm, now Panaracer GravelKing 32mm) and she will get some proper commuting gadgets soon.

I hope to get some nice inspriations here and maybe contact to some other Gain owners.

Greets Michael

Attachments

• IMG_20180905_152705727_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180905_152705727_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 382
@meteo

Welcome to the forum Michael.

That is a very good looking ride you have got, did you know that the red one does go faster.

You have found the best place for inspiration to dress up your new ride. The only thing that I can suggest is that you stay within your budget otherwise you end up like I did and buy way too many things.

Enjoy your stay here and post lots of pictures from your rides.

Here is mine.

Attachments

• IMG_20180806_092030.jpg
    IMG_20180806_092030.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 298
  • IMG_20180806_092609.jpg
    IMG_20180806_092609.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 313
@AguassissiM
Wow, thats some seriuos stuff :D
Luckily for my budget this is way out the legal boundaries here in Germany.

My goal is a lightweight and agile commuter bike. Just enough power to get me going, so I do not have any excuse in the morning ;)
The Gain is almost exactly how I whould have build it up myself and with 14kg/30lb as its on the pic, I'm confident that I will get well under 16kg/35lb with full commuter kit.

What I'm planing to change is myaybe another seat (if my bum does not get used to the stock one) and I fancy a flared drop bar like the Ritchey ErgoMax or the FSA Adventure Compact. Suggestions are welcome though :)

Welcome, Michael! Thanks for sharing photos with us. The members are great here...just let us know if we can help.

Wie Gehts! Nice bike! Looks like a terror on the road...

I'm turning a city commuting bike into a roadster...the drop extensions work well, and the adjustable stem lets me stretch out. Brooks B17 saddle.

IMG_20180923_165314.jpg

Next, road pedals and narrow tires.

Last edited:
Hi folks,
I'm Michael from Germany and I'm new in the ebike community. I'm a fan of drop bars for long, so I was looking for a nice light commuter bike with drop bars and a decent motor to get me to work without sweating too much.
So here she is: Orbea Gain D20 model 2018. Sram Rival1x11 hydraulic disc braks with 250Wh internal battery and the Ebikmotion X35 rear hub motor. Runs like a charm.
I already put new tires on (on the pic still Kenda Flintridge 40mm, now Panaracer GravelKing 32mm) and she will get some proper commuting gadgets soon.

I hope to get some nice inspriations here and maybe contact to some other Gain owners.

Greets Michael

@meteo -Welcome to the site. Sweet bike you have indeed. Was looking at the Orbea website and they have some really nice offerings in their E-bike lineup. Their Urban/EMTB bikes have some nice components. I like the fact that they are so lightweight with integrated batteries. Enjoy!

Dang that is a pretty bike. That would be great for my commute on select days where I don't have to carry a lot of baggage. I'm going to look into these. I think I saw this brand in an email from one of the european or english vendors I buy from, and I took a look at the prices and stopped looking ! I will have a second look.

Thanks alot for the warm welcome everyone :)

Dang that is a pretty bike. That would be great for my commute on select days where I don't have to carry a lot of baggage. I'm going to look into these. I think I saw this brand in an email from one of the european or english vendors I buy from, and I took a look at the prices and stopped looking ! I will have a second look.
Thats why it will get fenders and a rack ;)
I'm curious about the prices in the US, here they start at 2000,-Euro and mine costs 2800,-Euro (about 3000$), which is quite cheap for an ebike with drop bars and these components. For comparison, the
KTM Macina Flite with SRAM Apex (Rival at mine) costs 3500,- Euro and weighs almost 25kg/50lbs..:eek:

thought about this bike and similar as a commuter. I decided my commute would be too rough on any rims that thin. I'm happy with my stromer ST1x and ST2s in my commuting role.

Thanks alot for the warm welcome everyone :)

Thats why it will get fenders and a rack ;)
I'm curious about the prices in the US, here they start at 2000,-Euro and mine costs 2800,-Euro (about 3000$), which is quite cheap for an ebike with drop bars and these components. For comparison, the
KTM Macina Flite with SRAM Apex (Rival at mine) costs 3500,- Euro and weighs almost 25kg/50lbs..:eek:

Oh yeah, KTM has some sweet looking E-bikes in most categories. I have inquired about these arriving to the US, however, nobody seems to know. I have a copy of their EU version catalog of E-bikes. The designs are spot on and the component pairings are nice also.

Back