Bbs02 500w 48v max amps

k_oflynn2000

Hello, i have a bbs02 500w 48v and have just purchased the cable to fiddle with the settings as i want to allow throttle in pas 0. Ive been told that the 500w 48v is just the 750w motor with the amps limited to 18. So am i correct in asuming that if i set the amps to 25 on the setting i will instantly have a 750w motor???? My battery can handle 25amps but i was thinking of maybe just increasing it to 21 or 22 to avoid to over heating problems. Has anyone done this with the 500w????

I'm no expert on this stuff, but as no one else has replied I will. I believe the 500 watts is "nominal" and at your max draw (heavy load) of 18 amps X 48 V your already over 750 watts, 864 to be precise.

Waiting to get my BBS02 shortly, have to ask do you feel you don't have enough power ?

Hi there, yes im really happy with the power, i was advised to get the 500w 48v because it runs cooler and has less chance of frying the controler seems its basically just a detuned 750w. This is why i wonder if i can just up the amps a little bit. More power is always good I mainly use mine to walk the dog on forest tracks and with 36 teeth on the back and a 42t lekkie bling ring there really isnt a hill i cant climb, traction becomes an issue way before the motor struggles. Especially if your giving it some leg power to. I imagine that the 750 with 7 more amps is really impressive but then you are risking the problems a lot of people talk about but i think as long as you maintain high rpm the motor is ok. Going up hils i always aim to pedal as fast as possible and you can just feel that the motor prefers this.

I think you answered your own question..."but then you are risking the problems" If your happy with the power as is I wouldn't go boosting anything. The battery will last longer, and so will all the electrical parts.

Don't know which model bike you have, but I don't recall a BBS02 @ 48V that was not rated at 750 Watts ? As I mentioned no expert here, but I sure have read a lot. So which model bike do you have ?

The 500w bbs02 comes in 36v or 48v the 48v is the detuned 750 just running at 18amps instead of 25amps. This is why it doesnt get as hot. I have mounted the kit on a 2011 mondraker dune full suspension which took me ages to find. It has a 73mm bottom bracket and just enough space to squeeze in the battery. I tried to upload a pic but it says "file to large"

image.png

Back