Battery XT90 connector

eligri

Hey!

Got my ebike stolen, but have an extra battery. It has a 5 pin connector (rail), but that vanished with the bike. Is it possible to resolder the connector to a XT90 plug, or does it need connection with all 5 pins? What are the center pins? Figure the outer two are gnd & 48V out.

Battery similar to this one:

Thanks

You might want to pick up another bottom plate for it as it will give you mounting points and some protection They're usually not that expensive.
Check eBay and aliexpress

XT90's work good, are easy to source.

I think the OP is referring to the battery without the base. If so I don't recommend soldering to the battery terminals as it will require a lot of heat to do so and it will be hard to make it neat in any case. If the terminal can be removed and you can extend the wires from the battery to an xt90, that would be a little better. But as previously stated, I would go for a new base.

Yeah lost the base, so stuck with a battery.
Was planning on 3d printing a new base, but the plug is a pain to waterproof. Might be getting a spot-welder, so could use that to extend the battery leads and solder to an XT90.

I'm pretty sure you'll find that with the case removed, you'll be able to locate and replace/extend the power leads pretty easily - without a spot welder. Have a look. This is a non event......

I would use good wire. Fine strands and probably 12ga. Many of the better power tools (high quality circular saws for instance) use some pretty good wire, and replacements are not expensive. They're a good source for quality wire if you can't find anything easier.

I'm pretty sure you'll find that with the case removed, you'll be able to locate and replace/extend the power leads pretty easily - without a spot welder. Have a look. This is a non event......

I would use good wire. Fine strands and probably 12ga. Many of the better power tools (high quality circular saws for instance) use some pretty good wire, and replacements are not expensive. They're a good source for quality wire if you can't find anything easier.
I originally suggested that... But I for some reason it doesn't seem to fit his needs

Don't solder to the prongs. You can open the case and attach a two-wire cable with an XT plug, but you still have to find a way to mount the pack. Probably easier to buy a replacement cradle. They sell them on aliexpress. Is 3D printing cost effectuve relative to the price of a cradle? I know nothing about 3D.

SIlicone wire is nice. The insulation is a soft silicone rubber, and the wires are quite flexible, even in 12G. I think 14G is sufficient for a short 6" run.

Back