Battery will not mount in carrier EAHORA XC 100

xc100

I just received my XC100 and to my dismay the battery will not mount to the carrier on the frame. I have inserted it correctly but it will not engage the connector. This bike is brand new out of the box. Very frustrating.

Has anyone out there had this problem? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Bob

I just received my XC100 and to my dismay the battery will not mount to the carrier on the frame. I have inserted it correctly but it will not engage the connector. This bike is brand new out of the box. Very frustrating.

Has anyone out there had this problem? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Bob
Any updates on your battery mount issue, Bob? Are you unable to use in electric mode? Any other issues after unboxing, like damaged pieces in shipping?

Keep us posted--I'm awaiting my XC100 from Amazon (due to arrive late June). Thanks

Any updates on your battery mount issue, Bob? Are you unable to use in electric mode? Any other issues after unboxing, like damaged pieces in shipping?

Keep us posted--I'm awaiting my XC100 from Amazon (due to arrive late June). Thanks
I found that I had to lift the battery slightly and push it with some force to get it to seat, so it now works. The packaging of the bike was not that good and needs a lot of improvement. Very flimsy cardboard. I had a bent bracket over the derailuer and the use of very flimsy foam packaging to protect the painted surfaces.. The front wheel was jammed under the front sprocket. Be sure to take pictures as you unpack it for any proof of damage. I'm surprised that the battery was shipped in the same box with no caution labels about lithium batteries. The instruction book is useless and the display instructions that you find online do not cover the color display option. The fork was not assembled so I had to go online to find a video. I plan on shipping my bike to Florida where I live in the Winter. I want to make sure I package it much better and find out the regulations for lithium battery shipping. Let me know how you make out.

I found that I had to lift the battery slightly and push it with some force to get it to seat, so it now works. The packaging of the bike was not that good and needs a lot of improvement. Very flimsy cardboard. I had a bent bracket over the derailuer and the use of very flimsy foam packaging to protect the painted surfaces.. The front wheel was jammed under the front sprocket. Be sure to take pictures as you unpack it for any proof of damage. I'm surprised that the battery was shipped in the same box with no caution labels about lithium batteries. The instruction book is useless and the display instructions that you find online do not cover the color display option. The fork was not assembled so I had to go online to find a video. I plan on shipping my bike to Florida where I live in the Winter. I want to make sure I package it much better and find out the regulations for lithium battery shipping. Let me know how you make out.
Many thanks for the update! As to the battery re: shipment, I read this: "The Chinese don't have a need for this because they don't have the same regulations to transport Class 9 Hazardous materials around the mainland, so it's up to the importer to go through this process, and it is very expensive." (quoted from EBR YouTube).

I have read others who have experienced problems upon receiving their eAhora bikes. Will update when mine arrives. Hoping nothing is damaged to the point I can't rectify myself and have to contact the Amazon seller.

On the derailuer, I have also read that it may be intentionally pushed in when packing the bike (to save space or protect the derailuer?).

Also I did not order the XC100 Plus that has the color display. I have, however, downloaded a PDF of the workings on the b/w display and how to use the functions--many options there on the various settings available. Maybe there is one for the XC100 Plus.

Now that I have read up on it, the only time you cannot ship the battery is if it is going by air, ground shipping not a problem, yet Amazon does label all their shipments with a lithium battery.

I'll be shipping my bike down to Florida this Winter. I am planning to use a 56 x 10 x 32 box which will be more than enough room to package it. I will also be using pipe foam to wrap around all the painted surfaces and the handlebars. Eahora does not do a good job with packaging the bike. The box they use is barely wide and long enough and it's also the reason that the fork is not attached. I guess they find it cheaper to just send out new parts but this could backfire since not all the people buying bikes want to repair damages to the bikes they just bought on their own or may not have the skillset to do so.

To ship the bike back to eahora for warranty coverage would be too expensive and to repack the bike would be prohibitive since the packaging is destroyed during the unpacking. This is why I believe they really need to upgrade their packaging. Their instructions and videos need improvement as well. There is no pdf or video for the color display, I even asked for one.

I was going to attach a photo of the packaging but I'm having problems with my phone, stay tuned.

Front wheel spokes were jammed under sprocket.

Attachments

• BIKE AND FORKS.pdf
    911.3 KB · Views: 534
  • BIKE IN BOX.pdf
    843 KB · Views: 490
  • BIKE PACKAGING.pdf
    998 KB · Views: 512
Hey Bob, it's been a month since your last post (pictures)--how's the XC100 Plus performing? My XC100 (non-Plus) has finally moved from the "Ordered" to "Shipped" status, after eAhora sent me an update asking if I was willing to wait another 2 weeks or get a refund. I consented, hoping it arrives in workable condition. Amazon shows a UPS tracking number; however, it has been in "label created" status for 3 days. UPS status has not entered "Shipped" yet. Confusing!

Wonder if they switched from FedEx or eAhora warehouse just uses both shippers?

Last edited:
There is no pdf or video for the color display, I even asked for one.
eAhora has updated their XC100 webpage and the Plus display manual is there.

Thanks for the info. Only 25 miles so far, seems to be operating OK. I have attached a photo of what my bike presently looks like. I have added a rack, new stronger kickstand, blue tooth speaker, mirror, headlight, electric horn, fenders, and raised the handlebars.
Bike.jpg

Thanks for the info. Only 25 miles so far, seems to be operating OK. I have attached a photo of what my bike presently looks like. I have added a rack, new stronger kickstand, blue tooth speaker, mirror, headlight, electric horn, fenders, and raised the handlebars.View attachment 59075
The XC looks great! Kinda wish I'd ordered mine in white (it's coming in blue). What parts did you get to raise the handlebar? I might want to do the same.

Also I noticed that eAhora now has a 48v/14aH battery for the XC100, but kinda pricey @ $389.00.

Last edited:
Here are the items, both on Amazon. You may not need both.

FOMTOR Bike Stem Riser MTB Handlebar Riser Stem Extender for Mountain Bike, Road Bike, MTB

Wake MTB Stem 31.8 90mm 110mm 0-60 Degree Adjustable Bike Stem Mountain Bike Stem Short Handlebar Stem for Bicycle, Road Bike, MTB, BMX, Cycling (Aluminum Alloy, Lightweight, Black)

Both are very inexpensive..

Here are the items, both on Amazon. You may not need both.

FOMTOR Bike Stem Riser MTB Handlebar Riser Stem Extender for Mountain Bike, Road Bike, MTB

Wake MTB Stem 31.8 90mm 110mm 0-60 Degree Adjustable Bike Stem Mountain Bike Stem Short Handlebar Stem for Bicycle, Road Bike, MTB, BMX, Cycling (Aluminum Alloy, Lightweight, Black)

Both are very inexpensive..
Thanks Bob!

Thanks for the info. Only 25 miles so far, seems to be operating OK. I have attached a photo of what my bike presently looks like. I have added a rack, new stronger kickstand, blue tooth speaker, mirror, headlight, electric horn, fenders, and raised the handlebars.View attachment 59075
Hello , if you don’t mind can you tell me what type and brand of fenders do you have on your Eahora bike and where did you purchase them from . I am awaiting a red and blue Xcode 100 . You have really set up your bike nicely. Thank You for the information.

Back