BATTERY UPGRADE

RJC

Just wondered If anyone has fitted an upgraded 16AH or 18AH battery to their Moscow, which are available from Leon Cycles. Interested to see how much improvement you get with mileage range.

I upgraded to 17.5Ah and it is awesome! I am unable to empty the whole battery even after riding It for a whole day

Reactions: RJC
Just wondered If anyone has fitted an upgraded 16AH or 18AH battery to their Moscow, which are available from Leon Cycles. Interested to see how much improvement you get with mileage range.
Hi RJC,
I just wondered if the bigger batteries just fit in the battery bracket without modification, as I assume that a bigger battery will be physical larger.
In my case I have a Venice 48v 13 amp so if I got a replacement 17 amp battery, would it just slot into my battery bracket.
Hopefully it will be a long time before I need to change my battery but will be good to know it will be a straight forward to fit a bigger battery.
Thanks
Tony

As long as you order the same dorado+ case it will directly fit. Technology is evolving and now they can put more capacity into the same space with better cells ;)

As long as you order the same dorado+ case it will directly fit. Technology is evolving and now they can put more capacity into the same space with better cells ;)
Hi Judi,

That's good to know for when the time comes to change it. That's if I don't outgrow the bike first 😁

Hi RJC,
I just wondered if the bigger batteries just fit in the battery bracket without modification, as I assume that a bigger battery will be physical larger.
In my case I have a Venice 48v 13 amp so if I got a replacement 17 amp battery, would it just slot into my battery bracket.
Hopefully it will be a long time before I need to change my battery but will be good to know it will be a straight forward to fit a bigger battery.
Thanks
Tony
Hi, on the Moscow they fit the same as the standard battery. I think the largest amp rated one may have a greater depth but the length is the same. Not sure on the Venice but I would expect it to fit straight in.

Last edited:
Hi, on the Moscow they fit the same as the standard battery. i think the largest amp rated one may have a greater depth but the length is the same. Not sure on the Venice but I would expect it to fit straight in.
Thanks for your replies, so more depth, a bit like skyscrapers buildings. 😁

I never got to empty the battery on a single ride xD but I have done more than 80km and still one light remaining :D

I have a left over 21Ah battery from my now parts bike CCS. It has the same basic mounting platform as the Moscow though
a bit shorter It was simple to adapt for use on the Moscow. I now have 4 batteries I can use, two 13 Ah, an 8 Ah for quick charge,
& the 21 Ah. I´ve converted my rack to carry either a second 13Ah or one 13 Ah with the 8 Ah behind the seat post. THe bike can
go much farther than my body can in one stage.

Attachments

• PICT0028.jpg
    PICT0028.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 416
  • PICT0018.jpg
    PICT0018.jpg
    632.4 KB · Views: 418
Thanks for the reply , do they actually ship to Uk. Spoke to Leon Cycles in Germany they said they don't ship to UK. Pretty poor as they are happy enough to sell their bikes here.

There are issues with some battery cases and fitting 14s, 52V batteries in hailong cases. The increased performance with 52V in my experience isn’t that great. My 52V battery delivers a mile or 3 increase in speed and a couple of miles in increased mileage over my 48v packs. 52v sell 4 to 1 over 48V. that continues to confound me. Matt at Empoweredcycles agrees.

I have a left over 21Ah battery from my now parts bike CCS. It has the same basic mounting platform as the Moscow though
a bit shorter It was simple to adapt for use on the Moscow. I now have 4 batteries I can use, two 13 Ah, an 8 Ah for quick charge,
& the 21 Ah. I´ve converted my rack to carry either a second 13Ah or one 13 Ah with the 8 Ah behind the seat post. THe bike can
go much farther than my body can in one stage.
Hi John, has your controller been ok when you use the 21AH battery. Just wondered if the controller is ok with the higher amperage.

I've "bit the bullet"and ordered a 48v 20ah battery from ALI Express. Will post performance difference once fitted....

Battery arrived from Ali Express- took two weeks from China which I thought was pretty quick. 48V 20AH rating. Once fully charged will see how much difference there is compared to standard 13AH.

Battery arrived from Ali Express- took two weeks from China which I thought was pretty quick. 48V 20AH rating. Once fully charged will see how much difference there is compared to standard 13AH.
If it's also a 48V pack, the only difference in "performance" I would expect is longer range -- maybe 50% more?

Back