BATTERY UPGRADE

keep us updated! :)
It's Great. 48v 20ah Battery now fitted. Much improved range from the original 13 ah one. Covered the first 22 miles on PAS 4 on the flat before the first battery level bar dropped. That's nearly twice as further than the original before level bar dropped.
Came in just over two weeks which I thought was pretty quick.

It's Great. 48v 20ah Battery now fitted. Much improved range from the original 13 ah one. Covered the first 22 miles on PAS 4 on the flat before the first battery level bar dropped. That's nearly twice as further than the original before level bar dropped.
Came in just over two weeks which I thought was pretty quick.
The range has improved again after charging the battery for the second time. Now at 30+ miles before first level bar on the display goes out. Mainly on PAS 4/5 with some miles on level 6, also set on Power Mode. Happy with that................

Not necessarily.

Not all 48V are made same because of amperage.
I'm talking about A, not Ah.

For example, my original battery was 48V 10.4Ah powered by Samsung 26F, then I switched to 48V 14Ah powered by Samsung 35E.

Although the 35E isn't the top of the line battery by any means, it gave me a very noticeable difference in terms of performance, because of increased amperage.
I'm talking about increased current drain of electricity, burst rate, etc. Not the capacity (Ah)
Are you talking about the NCM bikes? I thought the controller was limited to 750W @ 15A.
The range has improved again after charging the battery for the second time. Now at 30+ miles before first level bar on the display goes out. Mainly on PAS 4/5 with some miles on level 6, also set on Power Mode. Happy with that................
Did you pay import duties?

Yeah sorry my bad, I meant 720W.

I see, the ones sold in the EU have a 15A controller that you can unlock since it comes shipped at around 10A. I forgot that in the US the limits are different.
It's rated at 250W but you can unlock it to 350W nominal.

Last edited:
Hi, on the Moscow they fit the same as the standard battery. I think the largest amp rated one may have a greater depth but the length is the same. Not sure on the Venice but I would expect it to fit straight in.
I'm seeing 21ah batteries everywhere now, I'd like the range, but the price? $1200 is a lot of cabbage! I've seen them as high as 27.2ah on Alibaba, for a whole lot less, but am leery of buying... They most certainly won't be Nickel Cobalt Manganese polymer.

I'm seeing 21ah batteries everywhere now, I'd like the range, but the price? $1200
EM3ev triangle with GA cells and advanced BT BMS. About $710 shipped.

Attachments

• 86216265-5BAC-4D5A-8240-751F3F507E67.png
    86216265-5BAC-4D5A-8240-751F3F507E67.png
    345.8 KB · Views: 226
I would need a reention Dorado format like the one pictured here:

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    882.2 KB · Views: 235
Seems to me the Reention frame case is limited 70 cells-18650

I haven't personally used or seen the inside build.

Is the Dorado case one of these?
It is listed at over 6kg so I believe they've made the case taller to accommodate more batteries while still fitting the mount...

Any good source will reveal which cell they are using OR will build to your requested cells.

Back