battery trouble on m-850

Ken T.

I bought my m-850 in 2018. I have about 15 miles on it. The battery wouldn't hold a charge. In July of this year I "purchased" a new one. It took until 12-31*2019 to get it. Too bad it was a used and defective battery, Addmotor support staff were less than helpful. They took the money but now say I am not even in the system. Anyone know if the battery can be swapped out with a more reliable brand and how much would that cost?

I was trying to be nice. Bottom line...they ripped me off. I should have done due diligence. The link to the battery shows one that looks identical to the one I have. I dissected the old one and found that the leads from the cathodes crossed a wire and rubbed against it shorting out the system. Probably repairable, but I had already ordered a "new" one. So I threw away the old one. I would be interested if Samsung is aware of the problem and has done something to better insulate the lead wires.

Thanks for the information Kent! I had purchased my m-850 in October of last year and, so far at least, have had no issues. I like the bike, though it weighs as much as a tank! Wish you success on the battery issue.

Addmotor is very shady with their replacement parts. They want you to buy ONLY buy from them. I have a Addmotor Motan M-150 P7, and Addmotor's replacement battery is $500.00 and they make you show proof of the ORIGINAL invoice.After monthsof searching, I found a replacement battery for the same bike for HALF the price! They build the batteries brand new right before sending them out.The place is in China, but if you order from them, you get the battery THE NEXT DAY. Turns out they have an american warehouse because they get so many orders from the U.S. For the 1st week, the battery fit VERY tightly. You really gotta struggle to get it on and off the bike. After a week of sliding it on and off, it now does it perfectly. The Battery is VERY strong and actually gives my bike an extra mile farther than the original one did. HIGHLY recommend this company to anyone needing to replace their original battery with an aftermarket one.

After monthsof searching, I found a replacement battery for the same bike for HALF the price! They build the batteries brand new right before sending them out.The place is in China, but if you order from them, you get the battery THE NEXT DAY. Turns out they have an american warehouse because they get so many orders from the U.S.

Can you point me in the right direction for finding this battery supplier? I have a m850 P7 and finding a battery has been impossible other than from Addmotor.

Addmotor is very shady with their replacement parts. They want you to buy ONLY buy from them. I have a Addmotor Motan M-150 P7, and Addmotor's replacement battery is $500.00 and they make you show proof of the ORIGINAL invoice.After monthsof searching, I found a replacement battery for the same bike for HALF the price! They build the batteries brand new right before sending them out.The place is in China, but if you order from them, you get the battery THE NEXT DAY. Turns out they have an american warehouse because they get so many orders from the U.S. For the 1st week, the battery fit VERY tightly. You really gotta struggle to get it on and off the bike. After a week of sliding it on and off, it now does it perfectly. The Battery is VERY strong and actually gives my bike an extra mile farther than the original one did. HIGHLY recommend this company to anyone needing to replace their original battery with an aftermarket one.
Can you provide the name of the battery company and a contact email/phone or link to them? Thanks.

Back