Battery percentage stuck at 10%

When they tried a different battery did they put yours in a different bike and see what it read?

So I got my bike back from the Dealer yesterday and BMC ended up having them replace the motor. BMC just sent out a new laced up rear wheel, the controller is what really was the issue but as it is incased in the motor housing they sent out the entire part. The BMC guy told the dealer he has not come across this issue before. So maybe just a one off and not the norm.

Well it certainly wasn't the battery if replacing the motor repaired the issue :) When my motor was replaced earlier this summer I too got the whole wheel assembly including tire and rotor. Mine had about 4500 miles on it. Nice

Hmmm I think I had tire/wheel liner in there ...still happy about it

I am happy yours is repaired

Mark

BMC just sent out a new laced up rear wheel, the controller is what really was the issue but as it is incased in the motor housing they sent out the entire part. The BMC guy told the dealer he has not come across this issue before.

I'm still not convinced about a hardware failure. Several motors died, most due to overheat, some because of a failure in the firmware. Rumour said, replacement of a tiny part on the controller with a cheaper one has also given exitus for some motors. But the most of all were affected under load.

bug in the firmware

For a short period, the was a firmware released, which does not control the recuperation during long downhill.

In your case, it could be possible, the firmware became wrong information. Either through the display (some display codes are critical) or during un- and replugging the wiring.

I'm using my Stromer ST1 every day, When I'm not riding on the bike, I have my battery on the charger.
A week ago I was on holiday, I didn't use my bike for a week, so it charged a whole week.
This monday I went to work with the Stromer, the display showed 10%.
I had to go to work so I started riding.
After about 8 km, the display went up from 10% to 14%, 20%, 24% and up to 100%.
It looks like it was overloaded, the 10% was 110%.
Very strange, but now everything is normal again.

I have a older purple battery that does this every time. I was told the BMS in the battery causes this . It is officially "broken" but has run for years like this , no difference in operation than the other 3 , took 30 sec of use to come up to 100%. It got a little slower as the battery aged and was used but not much , just noticeable. I would always use this battery 1st just in case it didn't go up or I may have forgotten to charge.

A week ago I was on holiday, I didn't use my bike for a week, so it charged a whole week.
Well it charged for 4-6 hours, then it may have lost a bit of juice and cycle charged at the top end of capacity. You may want to have a look at this video about battery optimization, only 3 minutes. -S

One of my batteries has started misbehaving. it charged to 90% . No problem put off to the side and use a different 1. I left it in the wife's bike , unit plugged in , no power and leave the light kit powered on for few hours to discharge and see what is next. ran it down to 50% it says on the display . Power on battery charger and charge. stops at 53%. , charger says fully charged. .

Another time on one of the batteries (may or may not be this one) I was stuck at some charge (maybe 70% ish) used the battery for a an hour, maybe riding down to the 30s and recharged and all was good. the difference this time is I haven't gone riding since I saw the initial issue and I depleted using the light and leaving charger connected powered off. I think I need to test ride to see what happens next

Mark

@opimax Sounds like a cell balancing issue wherein one cluster of batteries is at high charge but another is wack, possibly from a bad individual battery. You may be aware that there are ballance chargers out there but you may also be on warranty and thus not quite ready to open her up and charge the clusters separately. I've seen a few UT vids were folks have repaired unbalanced batteries in various ways. -S

yes agreed , thx, big thing for me right now is warranty, if broken take to dealer and hope for the best....see thread on tipping :) still need to see if it will recharge correctly at any point and mark it so if there is a next time see if same battery

Test rode the battery to 37, up to 45 as I leave ...

I deleted incorrect information and changed this post completely

Mark

Last edited:
Back