Battery Not Charging

ebott

My 52V Juiced battery is not charging after sitting all winter in an unheated garage. The juiced charger had a red light when I first plugged it in today. Now no light. It is showing an output of approx. 50V DC, but the battery is not charging. The batery shows approx 49 V on the display with no increase after 2 hrs on the charger. Is this a battery problem or a charger problem?
Thanks for any suggestions!

The battery cells likely went below the voltage minimum and the BMS will not allow it to charge. A lot of people claim they recovered them, so do some research and choose a technique from the internet.

I would typically agree with the first two comments after a long storage.. But take this into consideration.
Charger output V should be 54.6V, not 50V.
The lights are not working on the charger.
49v on a battery is way above LV cut off that is unless one cell is way out of balance... Which would then result in the same as suggested above... But probably defective and non recoverable.
I'd say start with a known working charger before you start opening up the battery

Last edited:
The problem is likely the charger, not the battery.
Try placing a dummy load (resistor or light bulb) across the charger output pins and see what the voltage reads.
A 52V charger should have an output voltage of 58.8V unless there is some sort of a voltage regulator in the circuit.

I would typically agree with the first two comments after a long storage.. But take this into consideration.
Charger output V should be 54.6V, not 50V.
The lights are not working on the charger.
49v on a battery is way above LV cut off that is unless one cell is way out of balance... Which would then result in the same as suggested above... But probably defective and non recoverable.
I'd say start with a known working charger before you start opening up the battery
Not an expert here, but I remember a manufacturer of chargers mentioned taking a reading from the charger output connector doesn't give a reliable result. Bur electronics are a weak area for me.

@6zfshdb is correct...
I missed in the op that it is a 52v battery (small screen /old eyes) ... so then the charger output should be 58.8v not 54.6V

Not an expert here, but I remember a manufacturer of chargers mentioned taking a reading from the charger output connector doesn't give a reliable result. Bur electronics are a weak area for me.
This can be true as one of my charges has a variable pulsing voltage until it sees a load, then it switches to a steady output. Yet another has a steady 54.6v. from the start.
But since (I'm assuming) he is seeing a steady 50v at the charger and that the light has also stopped working, I would still start with verifying the charger is functioning properly.

Back