Battery light dead on Moscow Plus

EssexMan

i was cycling along yesterday after heavy rain and the bike motor stopped working with no power to display. Battery lights do not come on when pressing the power button and no display on console. Battery does charge iPhone. When plugged into power the charger says fully charged

has anyone else had this issues. The bike is only 3 days old so concerned

I own a Moscow Plus. I had the same issue. I had to get the pcb board in the battery replaced as water had leaked in after riding it in the rain. Mechanic at the shop that I got it fixed covered the top of the battery with electrical tape & said that this is a common issue with NCM bikes.

I assure you your issue is no big deal. I’ve purchased the Moscow plus and 2 other bikes this year and my next door neighbor bought a Rad Rover, your issue is par for the course, rather benign. Get use to it. One of the reasons I bought this bike; it’s long term production and low number of issues. It’s my back up bike to my temperamental primary bike that has more cutting edge tech. I can see the roles reversing.

NCM MOSCOW PLUS 29er.

I have had the bike about 3 weeks and covered 150 miles. It’s a really good solid well built bike imo.

My battery lost a couple of the change level indicator lights, the third one went a couple of days ago and the 4th yesterday. The battery still works perfectly though , although I’m a little worried about what’s going to happen next.!, by the way , I’m 6ft 2” tall and about 106kg (hence the bike) the 29” is a big bike and I have to set the saddle height fairly low and I can only just touch the ground so this bike would be easily suitable for a 6ft 6” rider and probably even bigger . It’s a BIG BIKE. Hydraulic brakes are good.

Attachments

• 298B93DD-A2D1-4CAB-B214-AB806B96F811.jpeg
    298B93DD-A2D1-4CAB-B214-AB806B96F811.jpeg
    434.4 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
Hi Andy, looks like the display board in Battery is faulty as your display on your handle bars is reading good battery voltage. As the bike is still in warranty send photos to where you brought the bike with explanation. If it is a faulty battery i'm sure they would replace it. Might get a quicker response if you call them once photos sent.
If you know someone else with the same bike try fitting their battery to your bike to see if concern still there.

Last edited:
Hi,

Yes tried battery in friends NCM with same results, in fact the battery only has 2 lights when fully charged out of the bike also.
The good news is that I contacted Leon cycles via eBay as that’s where I purchased it from , The replied today stating that in this circumstance they will be sending me a new battery pack 😀. They ask that when I have received the new pack to send the faulty battery to an address in Hannover , Germany.
So that’s great news, I’ll update when new battery is in my hands.
other than the above issue the bike is pretty good for the £1499.oo I paid. And it’s a BIG bike the 29er.
Thanks for your advise.

Andrew.

Reactions: RJC
Awaiting delivery of new replacement battery today from NCM , exciting stuff. The old battery still performs perfectly and it’s just the 2 led charge level lights that have stopped working so I may offer to buy it from them at a reduced price !, maybe this isn’t an option but I’ll see what they say as it’s going to cost a fair bit to send it to Germany considering the weight and what it is.
ill update soon as to how I get on.
I wonder if anyone else has had battery led light fail ??.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgSuspect it’s not new as there is a scratch on the case and the packaging was all on the bottom of the box and the battery was just sat on top of it all !.

Replacement battery,

4 lights all lit so maybe it was charged and checked before sending , I’ll put it on the bike And check voltage when fully charged.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 545
Hi Andy, looks like the display board in Battery is faulty as your display on your handle bars is reading good battery voltage. As the bike is still in warranty send photos to where you brought the bike with explanation. If it is a faulty battery i'm sure they would replace it. Might get a quicker response if you call them once photos sent.
If you know someone else with the same bike try fitting their battery to your bike to see if concern still there.
, I’m not sure what the battery voltage should be when fully charged , I think mine is 53.8v fresh off the charger.

I have a related but different issue. I just bought an i6 battery on Ebay for my Metro. Unlike the indicator lights on my original pack, which light while the bike is charging and also when the power is on, the lights on the Ebay pack only come on when the button under them is pressed. They don't stay on, or come on while charging or while the bike is powered up. The pack was supposedly lightly used, but since it arrived with 49.9 volts I'm wondering if it's actually new. I'm going to fully charge it tomorrow, and then take it for a longish test ride. I don't expect the behavior of the charge lights to change, though, and I'm wondering if this indicates a possible problem with the pack.

I have a related but different issue. I just bought an i6 battery on Ebay for my Metro. Unlike the indicator lights on my original pack, which light while the bike is charging and also when the power is on, the lights on the Ebay pack only come on when the button under them is pressed. They don't stay on, or come on while charging or while the bike is powered up. The pack was supposedly lightly used, but since it arrived with 49.9 volts I'm wondering if it's actually new. I'm going to fully charge it tomorrow, and then take it for a longish test ride. I don't expect the behavior of the charge lights to change, though, and I'm wondering if this indicates a possible problem with the pack.

I think your pack sounds like it will be fine but please report back. I've got several of these Dorado batteries from different sources and they all behave slightly different (including 2 batteries from the same vendor). They charge slightly different and they operate slightly different. Worse they all operate slightly differently themselves depending on what their mood is. On the charge lights and on/off I've experienced a vareity of behaviors:

1) Take off charge, no leds, plug into bike, bike powers up
2) Take off charge, no leds, plug into bike, power battery on, leds light briefly, bike powers up
3) Take off charge, no leds, plug into bike, power battery on, leds stay lit, bike powers up
4) Leds on while charging, Take off charge, no leds, plug into bike, bike powers up

Just tons of variations and similar things when charging. And I've seen the same battery behave in various ways that I cannot predict. All are small little variations on the above, the batteries always work and never give trouble so I ignore their little quirks. Mostly it's put the battery in, turn on the battery just in case, turn on the bike.

If you don't mind me asking what does a used/nearly new Dorado go for on ebay? And what capacity is it, 14ah, 16ah, etc?

Thanks for the quick reply. It's a 13AH battery,according to the seller. It's also supposed to be near new, bought from a LBS selling off stock. The listed price was $349 plus $20 shipping. I offered and paid $319.99 shipped. I fully charged it and took the bike for a ride this morning. It isn't quite as good as my OEM pack was when new, but it seems ok - not as much rapid voltage drop as my first pack, so more predictable and hopefully more range. I hope to use this one as my main pack, and the original pack as a spare.

Thanks for the quick reply. It's a 13AH battery,according to the seller. It's also supposed to be near new, bought from a LBS selling off stock. The listed price was $349 plus $20 shipping. I offered and paid $319.99 shipped. I fully charged it and took the bike for a ride this morning. It isn't quite as good as my OEM pack was when new, but it seems ok - not as much rapid voltage drop as my first pack, so more predictable and hopefully more range. I hope to use this one as my main pack, and the original pack as a spare.

If it's really near new, I found my batteries gained a bit of range after a few charge cycles. Not massive but a little bit.

I have an NCM Moscow that has just been to a bike shop to have some new Hydraulic breaks fitted as the disc ones kept failing as not really up to the job. When i collected it we cannot get the power lights on the battery, nor the display, nor a phone charge, totally dead. We have tqwo of these so I tried the other charge to no avail. Stupidly i have misplaced the battery keys so cannot remove the battery. Any bright ideas as to what i can try to resolve the issue will be greatly appreciated.

I have an NCM Moscow that has just been to a bike shop to have some new Hydraulic breaks fitted as the disc ones kept failing as not really up to the job. When i collected it we cannot get the power lights on the battery, nor the display, nor a phone charge, totally dead. We have tqwo of these so I tried the other charge to no avail. Stupidly i have misplaced the battery keys so cannot remove the battery. Any bright ideas as to what i can try to resolve the issue will be greatly apprecia
Make sure the battery is charged. Check the connector to the rear wheel motor and display are fully pushed together. Is there a chance water may have got into the circuit board at the top of the battery.

Make sure the battery is charged. Check the connector to the rear wheel motor and display are fully pushed together. Is there a chance water may have got into the circuit board at the top of the battery.
The battery won't charge, no lights and USB giving no power. I swapped my wife's battery to my bike and all works fine, so is definitely a battery dead issue. Don't know if anywhere uk re-furbishes them as seems Leon are out of stock.

The battery won't charge, no lights and USB giving no power. I swapped my wife's battery to my bike and all works fine, so is definitely a battery dead issue. Don't know if anywhere uk re-furbishes them as seems Leon are out of stock.
There is an ebike repair shop in Bexhill that seems to have good reviews.

Back