Moscow Plus Battery BMS Dead

I'll bet there's a simple PCB mod to get the switch working on your no-switch bms. They're likely the same board.
They're the same board as I have the second BMS now with the switch wire. I expected to find a shorting resistor on the input traces for the switch, but if it's there, it's not near the input so I gave up.
The replacement BMS works nice. Battery output goes to zero when the switch is OFF, unlike some other BMS I've had that leaked. Also balances smoothly unlike other BMS that would flash the charger on/off and never balance,

They're the same board as I have the second BMS now with the switch wire. I expected to find a shorting resistor on the input traces for the switch, but if it's there, it's not near the input so I gave up.
The replacement BMS works nice. Battery output goes to zero when the switch is OFF, unlike some other BMS I've had that leaked. Also balances smoothly unlike other BMS that would flash the charger on/off and never balance,
Agree. Mine is up and running and performing well. Minimal leakage current when the switch is off.

Thanks for the reply buddy. I went through the same route as you, to no avail! I am wondering if the charger could be the problem. I plug in, green light comes on, plug into battery and green turns to red and blinks. No charge going in but fan running. Do these dehawk chargers have a reset inside I wonder?

Thanks for the reply buddy. I went through the same route as you, to no avail! I am wondering if the charger could be the problem. I plug in, green light comes on, plug into battery and green turns to red and blinks. No charge going in but fan running. Do these dehawk chargers have a reset inside I wonder?
Did you try and charge it by bypassing the BMS entirely? You would have to open the pack to do that. If it works, charger is not the problem and BMS is likely culprit. Also check voltage of charger with a multimeter. I'm not aware of any reset function on a charger.

Did you try and charge it by bypassing the BMS entirely? You would have to open the pack to do that. If it works, charger is not the problem and BMS is likely culprit. Also check voltage of charger with a multimeter. I'm not aware of any reset function on a charger.
PLEASE!!! New users should step back and think about what they're about to do. Slow down and be safe!

Back